Pointless / stupid things shouted at you whilst on a bike #364

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

manalog

Über Member
A Middle age man walking ahead of us shouted 'you should be on the road' except I wasn't cycling on the pavement my 5 year old son was! WTF

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Never really had any smart-ass shouting, but when I was 12, I used to ride an MTB on the pavement and had really long, curly hair. That hair almost got decapitated once, when a group of girls took a fancy to it as I rode past and thought they'd have a go at stroking it (without me stopping). I have to hand it to them for spotting the hair in the pitch black darkness, though.

Other than that, I probably haven't been cycling through the right places. There were some drunk ladies after what looked like a hen-do calling out for some sort of superhero known as 'Cyclist-man' a few weeks back... the University is always a mess.
Oh yeah, that'd be this guy:
emvideo-youtube-U01xasUtlvw.jpg

GlenBen

Über Member
I love this thread, Ive actually been laughing for ages at some of those.

Unfortunatly all I ever seem to get is

"Get ON the pavement (insert offensive word)"

BenM

Veteran
last night.. Corsage full of 'boyz', "you lazy git, stop lying down and get a proper bike"... they were going the same way as I was which is how I got to actually understand what they were saying :smile:

it has just occurred to me the bike is worth more than their car was!

"Oy mate, are you gay?"

I was wearing an ancient replica maglia rosa, so my normally very butch and straight appearance might have been slightly skewed.

Not that I'm bothered by this sort of remark. Quite the opposite. Some of my best friends, after all, are... Well, I'm sure you know what I mean. Actually none of my bes friends are.

And if a man is comfortable within himself he can get away with a little pink in his clothing. Well, I suppose it's closer to a salmon or a cerise, maybe a bright fuscia, but you know what I mean.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've told this story before.

I was tacking behind a fully lycra'd up roadie one evening on my commute home.
We stopped at a junction. Next to us was a little hatch with a couple of chavs inside.
Passenger shouted to the roadie. "You look gay mate". To which the roadie quick as a flash came back with "When I'm shagging your mum I'm not".
I near fell of my bike laughing.

sickboyblue

Just had a cracker, cycling past a group of kids10/11 years old i hear "Eeeyaaar ( anyone from Manchester will tell you the type of person that says this won't be out of place on the set of shameless) da marafonz finished mate" The future of our country right there! Where's my passport?

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
People only really shout at me during summer as windows are open so yobs like to take the opportunity.

It used to bother me but it doesnt now. All I do now is just add the vehicle to my database so that if something serious happens, I can refer to it.

Top Bottom