Pointless / stupid things shouted at you whilst on a bike #364

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrLex

merely the moocher
I got "bike w*nker" a couple of years ago from some lads at a bus stop. Inbetweeners fans will understand.

:-)
At a bus stop? The irony is delicious!

Reactions: akb

mattobrien

Guru
Mr Andrew_Culture and I got cheered on by a group of young ladies only earlier this week. I presume it was purely down to boyish good looks as I hadn't had the opportunity to charm them with my rapier like wit...

sabian92

Über Member
"Are you disabled?"

I was on the recumbent.

GC

In all fairness all disabled riders ride recumbents so it is sort of understandable.

I haven't really been heckled. Nearly got doored once and called the dozy woman a prick. I don't even think she noticed she nearly had me off.

Nathjh

I had someone shout "get some f***ing lights you t**t!" Before. Ironically I had 2 of those Cree zoomable lights on the front and I looked light a Christmas tree from behind. (Rucksack cover, 2 cateyes and 2 little dangly bouncy aroundy ones hanging from my bag)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm feeling nostalgic for the old shout of "get orf and milk it!"

That's class, that is. I'm always delighted when someone comes up with that one. :biggrin:

I've told a few car drivers to get out and milk it.

Tim Hall

In all fairness all disabled riders ride recumbents so it is sort of understandable.
Jody-Cundy-British-Parlym-010.jpg

So they do.

Kookas

Über Member
Never really had any smart-ass shouting, but when I was 12, I used to ride an MTB on the pavement and had really long, curly hair. That hair almost got decapitated once, when a group of girls took a fancy to it as I rode past and thought they'd have a go at stroking it (without me stopping). I have to hand it to them for spotting the hair in the pitch black darkness, though.

Other than that, I probably haven't been cycling through the right places. There were some drunk ladies after what looked like a hen-do calling out for some sort of superhero known as 'Cyclist-man' a few weeks back... the University is always a mess.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We've had the usual shouts of 'encouragement'. Once I had a chap lean right out of the passenger side window and slap my arse as he passed me. The car was doing well over 40mph and I had a bruise which went down to the back of my knee and right up to my bra strap. That bloody hurt. I didn't get his reg number sadly.

Top Bottom