Pointlessly Gendered Product - Christmas Competition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Yorkies are clearly tongue in cheek. The special bars they put in MoD ration packs are marked 'not for civvies'.
There is no way the MOD would ever put anything remotely tasty in a Rat pack ( so called because the meat is believed to be rat) . Meals ready to eat had the acronym MRE and this was also understood to mean meals rejected by eithiopians they were that bad.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Just seen a pink Christmas stocking for a dog whilst browsing for something else. Apparently it's limited edition. I assume this is because the fact that it's a Christmas stocking for dogs wot like pink isn't enough of a selling point.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
There is no way the MOD would ever put anything remotely tasty in a Rat pack ( so called because the meat is believed to be rat) . Meals ready to eat had the acronym MRE and this was also understood to mean meals rejected by eithiopians they were that bad.
MREs are for the Septics, so they don't count. I remember Rolos in the packs the gave us cadets in the 80s. Ration packs the days are like this boil in the bag meals you see in Go Outdoors - Lancashire Hot Pot. Enjoy hot or cold!

MisterStan

Label Required
I used to love the rat pack food when I was a cadet. I remember getting one of the 10 man packs once and making a massive one pot dish out of the contents. Happy memories.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That's not a very nice thing to say.

I know, but it was true, there is more about her but too OT for this thread.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
The Borg cubes off Star Trek TNG were a great advance in Lego spaceship fabrication.
While square rockets will probably never catch on, most satellites and probes have a somewhat blocky appearance.
I can make a reasonable model of a comsat with the inside of a loo roll and some beer mats.
I made a model Skylab from a washing up liquid bottle, straws, cardboard etc - hung it from my bedroom ceiling... (along with the model aeroplanes!)

subaqua

What’s the point
MREs are for the Septics, so they don't count. I remember Rolos in the packs the gave us cadets in the 80s. Ration packs the days are like this boil in the bag meals you see in Go Outdoors - Lancashire Hot Pot. Enjoy hot or cold!
on several points

the main one being they are not food ! TBF the packs today are not bad at all ( well the 2012 stuff was OK )

Ganymede

Veteran
I know, but it was true, there is more about her but too OT for this thread.
But this thread is about pointlessly gendered products, so it could be argued that what you said about your unfortunate "date" was completely unnecessary as well as being unkind.

As for pointlessly gendered products, I've always wondered why anything made for the garden is pink, eg those tubs that people carry things about in. However my slightly soppy SiL says you can see them better if you've left something down the garden, and this is also true for gardening gloves.

Top Bottom