Pokémon Go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I won’t be knocking this game again. Just come back from a 3km walk with my 9 YOD. That’s at least a little activity with her that maybe wouldn’t have happened this morning. The game also acknowledges the distance she does as a motivator. Round here it’s fields and old batches (slag heaps) which have been re-wilded so it was quite pleasant. There’s a night ride planned in the offing.

I’m going to incentivise her with a T-shirt. I might get one too. Love the logo.
4BAE8032-E04D-4855-A2E0-B269E5DA5215.jpeg

if it gets kids out and about......(even the big/older ones;)) then that's a good thing in my book

I see loads of people playing it sometimes. Every now and again the park just fills up with people walking around with phones, so I assume some new monsters or something have been released.

tom73

Guru
If she's into harry potter. The gravy train has now come up with HP type Pokemon go.
try geocaching much more fun they soon forget the miles. You may find a series that you can combine with a ride out.
So even better :smile:

fossala

Guru
If she's into harry potter. The gravy train has now come up with HP type Pokemon go.
try geocaching much more fun they soon forget the miles. You may find a series that you can combine with a ride out.
So even better :smile:
I used to geocache but I look dodgy at the best of times. Go bored of people thinking I was up to trouble. Maybe try it again in my 60's.

tom73

Guru
I used to geocache but I look dodgy at the best of times. Go bored of people thinking I was up to trouble. Maybe try it again in my 60's.

That's 1/2 the fun of bagging urban ones :okay:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I see loads of people playing it sometimes. Every now and again the park just fills up with people walking around with phones, so I assume some new monsters or something have been released.
Close. It would be a raid battle. Where you have to group up to battle a very strong and sometimes rare Pokemon in what's called a Gym. They raid is rated by toughness to beat. The more stars, the more people needed to beat it. Once defeated you then have to try and catch it. No Easy task.

It's not been unknown to see up to a hundred or so people Pokemon hunting in my local park.

Close. It would be a raid battle. Where you have to group up to battle a very strong and sometimes rare Pokemon in what's called a Gym. They raid is rated by toughness to beat. The more stars, the more people needed to beat it. Once defeated you then have to try and catch it. No Easy task.

It's not been unknown to see up to a hundred or so people Pokemon hunting in my local park.
Ah that must be it. I sometimes see loads of people just standing around, obviously together but just working their phones. Now I know why.

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Ian Jnr. Age 9 is an expert. We are out every weekend Pokemon hunting and raiding.

Night ride tonight. I’m pretty excited and we will finish bivouacking under two beech trees.

Genuine question which I hope isn’t rude. You don’t have to answer: She had £5 leftover from an app that didn’t work so bought some Pokémon coins. It could be the beginning of the end, but she is pretty good about asking for purchases. Have you had to spend a lot on Ian JR to fund Pokémon?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Night ride tonight. I’m pretty excited and we will finish bivouacking under two beech trees.

Genuine question which I hope isn’t rude. You don’t have to answer: She had £5 leftover from an app that didn’t work so bought some Pokémon coins. It could be the beginning of the end, but she is pretty good about asking for purchases. Have you had to spend a lot on Ian JR to fund Pokémon?
Nothing what so ever. You don't need to pay for anything. To get coins you need to defeat a Gym and leave one of your Pokemon in there. Once your Pokemon is defeated and returns you get coins. Up to a daily limit of 50 coins.

Top Bottom