Poked my nose in.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
So i was on my way back from the shops and a local bakery.I came to a busy road junction,i waited for the greenman to let me cross.So i am watching a learner driver trying to get through the junction and turn right.He is a bit slow,well we all were i guess.So there is a young women behind and to the side of him who wants to go straight on.Well the lad stalls,so she starts bawling at him from her car,then she starts banging both her hands on her steering wheel,oh boy having a right melt down.So i shouts give him a break he is a learner,well she put me in my place with a mouthful,my reply was charming you kno hea,as i walked behind her car and away the lights changed and sahe had to wait again.No thought for the young guy,Everybody is so wound up .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That was the benefit of lockdown at the start - not many out, and most people being considerate. All back to normal now.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Far too many d..kheads out driving now,for my liking! No wonder i've developed bicycle fear of death phobia. Boy and not so young racers are flying up and down all day and night long and feck all is done about them,apart from the odd repeat offenders. One self-gratification artist round here in a 2003 battered Golf flies round,smoking dope and looking to see if anyone's looking at him. I do,but not in admiration. No,i just wish i had a RPG to fire at the tw.t!!!:angry:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My quiet residential road is on the local test route.
As a result we get loads of learners per day practicing in the road. One time I counted 8 at once doing parking, emergency stops etc.
My patience can be tested occasionally if they are particularly slow and timid but I would never hoot or shout at them.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Quite a few in the town we've just left never took a test, they just bought the licence or got a relative to take it for them. When you see the standard of driving you know it must be true.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
I’ve always been told that everyone Up North is friendly compared with those of us living in London. Maybe it’s not true after all.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
When the virus has wiped them all out the Londoners have a plan to repopulate the area.
Still one of my faves, a southerners map showing what they class as "The North"
1600415117389.png

Top Bottom