police auctions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys

brucers

Guru
I looked into this a while back. It seems that there are plenty but the only way to find them is by paying some 'middleman' type company for the details. Seems somehow wrong to me. A suggestion though could be to ask at an auction house about them.

Noodley

They are advertised in local 'papers.

You wanting to buy a copper? I am open to negotiation...:sad:

nosherduke996 said:
I wouldn,t bother because OLD BILL probably nick all the good stuff anyway.

I once found a MTB at the bottom of my garden, it was a good quality 531 with top Suntour parts (this was in the late 80s). I told the cops, who took it away for investigation. A few months later I saw the self-same copper who took the bike off duty riding it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ask for the Property Clerk at your local station, as it is they who deal with all recovered items & also they are the ones that sign the stuff over to the auction companies.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i found a gary fisher frame set in a hedge by the side of a main ride , carried home rang the police who said ring us back in 6months , so kept it in garage then rang back and was told to do what ever i wanted with it so i sold it , try local autcion houses

Cubist

Still wavin'
Ring the local number and ask to be put through to the property clerks. They'll tell you where and when the auctions are, and may even give you a heads up on anything of interest.

Top Bottom