Police chase ends in death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

Off Topic, this is on my commute, just shocking:

A woman was killed and four other people - including a two-year-old girl - were hurt in a horrific pile up involving a Mercedes 4x4 being chased by police.
The fatal smash happened when the Mercedes ploughed into a Vauxhall Corsa carrying the toddler, the woman who was killed and a man who also sustained "life threatening" injuries.
Two men in the 4x4 fled the scene but were arrested shortly afterwards.

BlueCorsa2PA_468x305.jpg

A woman was killed and a man and a two-year-old child were left fighting for life after after their Corsa was hit.

The owner of a nearby taxi firm said one of his cabbies chased the driver of the Mercedes on foot.
He said: "The driver of the Mercedes jumped out and ran away from the scene. One of my drivers struggled with him but he broke free and ran away. The man was over 6ft and he couldn't keep hold of him.

End quote. Dunno if the car was nicked or whether they were dealers- there's loads of drugs in that area. The charge should be manslaughter in any case.

Tynan

Veteran
I look forward to seeing what they're charged with and what they're convicted of

I can see a defense of neither admitting to be the driver and some interesting questions regarding whether the police should have been chasing at speed in whatever area etc etc

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'd like to see a Finnish invention being employed in these police car chases. Essentially it was a barbed harpoon mounted to the front of the police car that could be swung out. The idea was to impale the fleeing car with it, and bring it to a swift and relatively safe halt.

Tynan

Veteran
saw that, it fired tear gas into the car too

depends how keen you are on two speeding card being feet apart and then doing emergency stops in tandem

ChrisKH

Guru
I would advocate roadside executions for car thiefs and joy riders who do not stop. However, I have a feeling that I might agree with whatever's written in the DM today so I'd best not comment and seek professional help. ;)

LLB

spindrift said:
Off Topic, this is on my commute, just shocking:

End quote. Dunno if the car was nicked or whether they were dealers- there's loads of drugs in that area. The charge should be manslaughter in any case.

Would you have made the drug dealer assumption if they were white ?

LLB

Your right Aperitif, It was the 'black' car description which led me astray !

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
linfordlunchbox said:
Your right Aperitif, It was the 'black' car description which led me astray !

Err no mention of the colour of the car either, you having a bad day ?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Saw a pic in this morning Metro. The merc was a black M class.

And remember, when you see an advert for these bu33ers that talks about how safe they are (I mean you Audi Q7!), it only applies if you're IN the car.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
Do you mean you'd rather not have police chases in the first place?

Please forgive me but I'd like to answer this question :biggrin:

There are quite a few tv programs that show police pursuing "criminals" drivers.... that is all very well but when a driver becomes dangerous to the public in his / her effort to scape then one has to question the police's judgement.... too many times the chase is for something that is not worth the risk the public is put under... about a month ago, in a tv program, a driver nearly run over a man while trying to scape from the police. When he was finally stopped it turned out that the driver had no insurance and that is why he was trying to scape the police. Yes, it's illegal to drive a vehicle without insurance BUT if he had killed that man.... what then?

Rick

Top Bottom