Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Rum (white or dark)

• Eeurgh! Spirits? No thanks!

• Blended whisky (with mixer)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
Cognac

I know Islay quite well. Horrible bloody stuff that whisky drink is though.

Dave5N

Über Member
Well spotted RT. Only had that since just before Christmas.

Was driving out of sutton Park today with it on as it happens. Haven't listened to it for months and months. Was slightly surreal being in a park in a monstrous queue of traffic with about ten billion pounds worth of bikes everywhere you looked.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Owt from Islay, though I've a preference for Caol Ila or Laphroaig.

Just got a bottle of Smokehead, which the rumour-mill seems to indicate is made by one of the existing Islay distilleries (but no-one's telling which!).
They make a big thing of peat, peat and more peat in their tasting notes, but I didn't find it quite as phenolic or astringent as the usual Islay fare. Nice dram though...

domtyler

Über Member
Cab said:
A good calvados. Also partial to a decent malt whisky. Not a heavy consumer of spirits though.

I half expected you to pop up with home made moonshine, distilled from turnips down your allotment! :biggrin::smile::biggrin:

mondobongo

Über Member
Started off with a taste for the Speyside Malts but migrated to the more complex Islay Malts with Ardbeg being my favourite.

Chuffy said:
I just have to get my head round the idea that I'm going to open this £50 bottle of booze and drink the bloody stuff instead of staring at it and imagining....:angry:

Enjoy it Chuffy slowly its what its made for, I have had a few special bottles of Whisky and have always drunk them can't understand this buy and look at it mentality.

Top Bottom