Poll: Thatcher; Old Nick or St Peter ?

Whose gates opened for Maggie tonight ? Old Nick's or St Peter's ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
And he [Ken Loach] has been an irrelevance for the last 20 of them.

Go and watch The Angels' Share, the best feel-good film to come out last year.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Excerpt form a Department for Work and Pensions letter to the Thatcher household
"... we regret to inform you that due to recent events you now have too many bedrooms."

yello

As in "If someone put a nail through Ken Loach's head, it would be the first new thing in there for 40 years". And he has been an irrelevance for the last 20 of them.

Harsh. Admittedly, he has favourite themes but personally I don't think non mainstream = irrelevant.

ASC1951

Guru
Harsh. Admittedly, [Ken Loach] has favourite themes but personally I don't think non mainstream = irrelevant.
I'm a devoted watcher of non-mainstream films. But I go to the cinema to be entertained, puzzled, mystified, surprised or moved. I don't go there to be repeatedly whacked over the head by a didact who is using the same cudgel that he has had all his adult life.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
I'm a devoted watcher of non-mainstream films. But I go to the cinema to be entertained, puzzled, mystified, surprised or moved. I don't go there to be repeatedly whacked over the head by a didact who is using the same cudgel that he has had all his adult life.

Then go and watch The Angels' Share, the best feel-good film to come out last year

yello

Having lived through the Thatcher years and I find this very distasteful.

What's distasteful? I'm none the wiser! 'Having lived through the Thatcher years' is the start of a sentence that could end with pledging love or hate! ;)

yello

Btw, fair point ASC1951. One can feel brow beaten by repetition.

Top Bottom