England : Cheshire Polocini Winter Sprinter - Sunday 4th March 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
Katharine/Scottish Geek - it clearly states on the website that we don't send out loads of pointless emails and all event updates will be posted on the event page. I also posted on facebook and updated the British Cycling website.

You may think it's just reel off an email but if I send out a bulk email to the 280+ plus people that entered I have to use an email system such as mailchimp which takes time to set up. The highest open rate I've ever had for an event specific post ride email is 71% so it will not even hit everyone. Then there's the emails that bounce back. Plus there's the time involved. I'll get around a hundred or so replies. I'll then reply back and sometimes end up chatting it takes more and more time..........

Entrants need to take responsibility for reading event info when they enter and then checking on an events status in exceptional weather circumstances such as these.

In eight years I've never had to cancel an event due to weather and it wasn't a decision that was taken lightly. I've also processed almost every entrant a full refund (finishing up this morning). I hope this explains things clearly. It's cost me a bucket load of money to cancel and as we have never done bulk refunds before it was quite possibly the most boring admin I've ever done as each one is done individually. And for the sympathy vote I've got a broken wrist and can only type with one hand!!!

Hopefully we can put on a nice event in October and I'll see you then!

Cheers
AL
Thank you, I understand completely. I should have checked the website.
I'm sure it was a heart breaking decision.
Thank you for your prompt refund, I was sad to receive it, hoping that you would be able to re schedule the event.
Hope the wrist heals well.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Katharine/Scottish Geek - it clearly states on the website that we don't send out loads of pointless emails and all event updates will be posted on the event page. I also posted on facebook and updated the British Cycling website.

You may think it's just reel off an email but if I send out a bulk email to the 280+ plus people that entered I have to use an email system such as mailchimp which takes time to set up. The highest open rate I've ever had for an event specific post ride email is 71% so it will not even hit everyone. Then there's the emails that bounce back. Plus there's the time involved. I'll get around a hundred or so replies. I'll then reply back and sometimes end up chatting it takes more and more time..........

Entrants need to take responsibility for reading event info when they enter and then checking on an events status in exceptional weather circumstances such as these.

In eight years I've never had to cancel an event due to weather and it wasn't a decision that was taken lightly. I've also processed almost every entrant a full refund (finishing up this morning). I hope this explains things clearly. It's cost me a bucket load of money to cancel and as we have never done bulk refunds before it was quite possibly the most boring admin I've ever done as each one is done individually. And for the sympathy vote I've got a broken wrist and can only type with one hand!!!

Hopefully we can put on a nice event in October and I'll see you then!

Cheers
AL

Thank you. Pity a new day couldn't be sorted, but I look forward to the October event.

Top Bottom