Polypill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
If there is to be a pill on the NHS at about £1 a day which will work wonders for blood pressure and cholesterol can I forego it and have £1 a day off HM Govt over 10 years to buy an Enigma Etape?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I think you mean that you want to get the bicycle reclassified as the polymachine. It does confer roughly 20 times the health benefits to shortening life and even has benefits to healthy people. I think there have even be studies that suggested that intensive cycling could add a few years to life in a group of people.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
According to the quacks I'm involved with the cycling is making what I regard as the minor problems worse, and nothing will help the big stuff, not even a really nice new bike.

Nah I'm only messing you around, I read about the crash and I know there are other problems and very sorry to hear about them.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Nah I'm only messing you around, I read about the crash and I know there are other problems and very sorry to hear about them.
The crash, apart from borking my good thumb, and messing with my rugged good looks, left me remarkably unscathed though the haematoma thing on my hip is a bore.

Everything else tis but wear and tear! Well that is what I tell myself.

rvw

Guru
... nothing will help the big stuff, not even a really nice new bike.

In the end, nothing will help with the big stuff for any of us: as my sister was told when she trained as a nurse, "Life is a sexually transmitted and ultimately fatal disease".

(At least we get to enjoy passing it on...)

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
In the end, nothing will help with the big stuff for any of us: as my sister was told when she trained as a nurse, "Life is a sexually transmitted and ultimately fatal disease".

Amen to that!

Stonepark

Über Member
Ignore it, just trying to get us all on Big Pharmaceuticals that they can make a killing from in profits, rather than natural equivalents......proper diet and exercise, which cost little to nothing..

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Ignore it, just trying to get us all on Big Pharmaceuticals that they can make a killing from in profits, rather than natural equivalents......proper diet and exercise, which cost little to nothing..
I will. But you miss my rather badly made point. We taxpayers will pay for the polypill to be prescribed to those who persuade their GP's they need it. I need a shiny new bike, which will prove just as effective in maintaining my health as any polypill might. (and do more for the environment as it will keep me out of a car) But the taxpayers won't be asked to pay for my bike even though my GP would happily prescribe me one if he could.

theclaud

Openly Marxist

Hello! Drop of bromide in the tandemistes' tea...

Top Bottom