Pooooo!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
xilios said:
Here is the link that I found at yahoo ( among many others), still makes more sense than just letting the shoes out to dry, till the next time you use them.
The other steps may indeed help, but freezing the shoes isn't going to achieve anything except stop them getting any worse while they are frozen.

If you look at the first half dozen Google pages you will see that lots of individual postings recommend freezing but all the authoritative ones - e.g. council Environmental Health pages - say, 'no, you can't sterilise anything by freezing it'.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
ASC1951 said:
The other steps may indeed help, but freezing the shoes isn't going to achieve anything except stop them getting any worse while they are frozen.

If you look at the first half dozen Google pages you will see that lots of individual postings recommend freezing but all the authoritative ones - e.g. council Environmental Health pages - say, 'no, you can't sterilise anything by freezing it'.

Use your washing machine. Put the shoes inside a pillow case - prefereably one with the tuck in flaps to retain them else use some safety pins to close the pillow case.

A wash at 40 degrees is probably as hot as you should go though it will not kill all the bacteria/fungal spores. A hotter wash might soften or damage the glue holding the shoes together.

The technique worked on some trainers that I had. Although it never permanently cured the problem it made it possible to sahre the same room as them with the windows closed.

I second (or third) the washing machine. I stick em in with towels. You might try using Scholl 'Ordure Eaters' insoles if the stench returns. Have you tried washing your feet....?

Top Bottom