Poor memory.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I have been more forgetful over the past 2 years. Could this be due to anxiety and tiredness or should I get a dimentia test?
Also does anybody take nootropics style tablets to boost Brain function?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have been more forgetful over the past 2 years. Could this be due to anxiety and tiredness or should I get a dimentia test?
Also does anybody take nootropics style tablets to boost Brain function?
Don't know about dementia or the tablets, but I always felt I had a really good memory up until a couple of years ago. Since then had a fair bit of worry and stress about elderly dad and step mum. I'm sure being constantly up tight and stressed has affected me so might be something in that.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My memory was bad and it returned when I stopped taking statins (under medical supervision, for other reasons).

Took Q10 for a while which helped but not enough to overcome the effects of the toxic fungus fermentation product.

hoopdriver

Guru
Many years ago, when I was working as a reporter on a newspaper in
Australia, I was assigned to do a story on Alzheimer’s Week - one of those awareness kinds of stories. I arranged to interview some top neurologist at the Alzheimer’s society headquarters. I telephoned for a cab and when the guard downstairs phoned to tell me it had arrived I trotted downstairs, notebook in hand, to go off and do my story. I hopped in the cab and when the driver looked over his shoulder and asked me - where to? - I stared blankly at him. I had forgotten the address of the Alzheimer’s Society and had to run back upstairs to get it....

gbb

Legendary Member
At around 50 I noticed i became quite forgetful but only occasionally. It bugged me...I was talking to a female colleague about it, she a bit older than me and she immediately agreed...yep, same for me.
It passed for the most part, memory wise I feel I'm back to where I was..and it was never brilliant anyway.

Tin Pot

Guru
People worry a lot about things that are everyday normal.

People like me anyway.

Nobody’s memory is very good, or as good as they imagine. Plus people only remember things that are important in some way.

Be honest for a second, do you really care what people are called? Unless you’re hearing/using their name a lot why would your brain store it?

By all means talk to a GP, but it’s often nothing to worry about, and worrying makes it worse anyway.
:okay:

Top Bottom