Poorly planned overtakes on group rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In the 1980s I cycled across Australia. There they have road trains. Thoughts of who might have the right of way tended to be secondary to thoughts of getting off the road as fast as possible.

30-40 seconds into the video you get the impression of one of these trains heading for you. Very scary.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb5d6ISHoMU

If that overtook me with a car looming in the other direction i would bail into the ditch! :eek:

400bhp

Guru
If that overtook me with a car looming in the other direction i would bail into the ditch, unless I was on a STRAVA segment then they can swivel! :eek:

more realistic.:whistle:

D

Deleted member 20519

I've never experienced any bad overtakes on club rides.

Then again, I've only been on one club ride.

That happens to me all the time and its usually worse the quicker your going and obviously its driver error but the only thing that i can think of that would solve the problem is if all roads were wider, a standard size!
The road was standard. Pretty wide and the lorry driver went right over to the other side of the road. Upon seeing this i felt reasonably safe. When he cut in, to avoid the oncoming car, i then stopped pedalling. Once the second trailer came in to view, i had an equal eruption of both fear and anger - considering the front of the rear trailer was already at my right arm and i was a foot from the verge.

I carried on and treated it as run of the mill. I refuse to let these incidents ruin road cycling for me.

U

User6179

The road was standard. Pretty wide and the lorry driver went right over to the other side of the road. Upon seeing this i felt reasonably safe. When he cut in, to avoid the oncoming car, i then stopped pedalling. Once the second trailer came in to view, i had an equal eruption of both fear and anger - considering the front of the rear trailer was already at my right arm and i was a foot from the verge.

I carried on and treated it as run of the mill. I refuse to let these incidents ruin road cycling for me.

He sees a bike n thinks 10mph, dosnt know its pedro doing 35mph^_^

U

User6179

That will just get me started on cars pulling out in front of me when they think they have enough time!!
Result is me slamming on the brakes and reducing speed to 35mph. ;)

I dont believe that for a second!

You would never hit your brakes on a segment!^_^

Strabba ranks stirling , pedro s at 170, could this be you?

I dont believe that for a second!

You would never hit your brakes on a segment!^_^

Strabba ranks stirling , pedro s at 170, could this be you?
It is indeed and it marks my only ride over that way. Hence the 5 or 6 KOM's.

The guy in 1st place enjoys a good spanking when he ventures into my neck of the woods. though i must admit he is a decent climber. Must rack up a good few segs in Stirling area, where he lives.
I am unfamiliar with Strabba ranks but i assume Stirling is one of few cities added. Not my area unfortunately but nice to know i rank 170!! :wacko:

U

User6179

It is indeed and it marks my only ride over that way. Hence the 5 or 6 KOM's.

The guy in 1st place enjoys a good spanking when he ventures into my neck of the woods. though i must admit he is a decent climber. Must rack up a good few segs in Stirling area, where he lives.
I am unfamiliar with Strabba ranks but i assume Stirling is one of few cities added. Not my area unfortunately but nice to know i rank 170!! :wacko:

aye just looked your in 8 segments with 5/6 of them koms :eek: n a 2nd n 3rd :thumbsup:

If i told you who gollum is you would be surprised if thats who your talking about?

Top Bottom