Pop Master today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Ah, those heady days in the 70s with Annie Nightingale on lazy Sunday afternoons followed by Tom Brown presenting the Top Twenty...

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
If I get 2 questions and a Bonus, it's a good day... though the easiness or difficulty of some of the questions is sometimes astounding- especially the bonus ones! Good job it's not serious for prizes!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I hated Tony Blackburn on Radio One I could just about tolerate him on Top of the Pops
this must be a sign of getting seriously old if you've moved out of radio 2's wavelength.
When I was young the thought of listening to radio 2 was unthinkable.
I don't think I'll ever be old enough for Radio 2

Tony Blackburn - xx(

I'll never be old enough for R2. I ride my bike on the left and dress on the left. (Unless across the channel of course.) Middle of the road isn't for me. I gave up listening to that sort of "music" around age 20.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I've scored in the 30's a few times ..... and scored a big fat zero twice! For me, music stopped in about 1999 and I need loads of 70's and 80's questions. It's pot luck really.
Similar here, My musical interest more or less stopped in 1988. Give me questions on the 50's, 60's, and 70's and I'm your man.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Give me questions on the 50's, 60's, and 70's and I'm your man.
That was a Wham! Song 1985.

D

Deleted member 26715

I've never been a big fan of radio after I left my teenage years behind for I had a £1000 worth of stereo equipment to listen too that was in the late 70s and preferred records and tapes, later in the car I had top of the range 8 track.....remember them..... so radio didn't even count, and I hated Tony Blackburn on Radio One I could just about tolerate him on Top of the Pops
How do you get introduced into new music, do decide whether you like it or not, how did you know what to add to your collection?

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Today I scored 39/39/2 (annoyed with myself for not getting the Three In Ten). It's the first time in fifteen years on-and-off of listening that I've ever got 39 on both rounds. One of the bonus questions was from 25 years before I was born :okay:

I went on PopMaster in October 2018 and won with 33 points - but fluffed the Three In Ten (Rihanna - I'd get three easily now, though!)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Today I scored 39/39/2 (annoyed with myself for not getting the Three In Ten). It's the first time in fifteen years on-and-off of listening that I've ever got 39 on both rounds. One of the bonus questions was from 25 years before I was born :okay:

I went on PopMaster in October 2018 and won with 33 points - but fluffed the Three In Ten (Rihanna - I'd get three easily now, though!)

Tennessee Ernie Ford, which I knew as well.:okay:

Top Bottom