Porsche Bike rs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Whilst spending some quality dad and daughter time yesterday in London we happened to work past the Porsche design shop where i eagle eyed this

IMG_20171026_124045198.jpg

IMG_20171026_124048719.jpg

IMG_20171026_124100596.jpg

https://shop3.porsche.com/uk/sport/bike/wap06101x0g/porsche-bike-rs-black-lavaorange.pdds

Anybody on cc got one ?

Staff were not going to let me try it no matter how many times i asked

It looked quite well finished off but then i am use to a lot older bikes

Gary E

Veteran
You wouldn't get far without the pedals :smile:

That's one hell of a gear ratio it's got going on. It's either designed for old fat people (standard mid-life crisis Porche drivers? lol) or people that live on a hill!

I'm sorry to pour water on your battery.

Wheels and other bits and pieces made by Crank Brothers.
Those wheels are absolute rubbish. Those long red things that look like spoke extensions are the nipples. They're situated at the hub and the spokes hook into flanges welded onto the rim. The market (in the long run it is always clever) rejected that silly design years ago. I'm sad to see an industrial design student with a "concept bike" project thinks they're a good idea. Notice how the fork matches the wheel and how the rear suspension is designed to look like a seatpost.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I'm sorry to pour water on your battery.

Wheels and other bits and pieces made by Crank Brothers.
Those wheels are absolute rubbish. Those long red things that look like spoke extensions are the nipples. They're situated at the hub and the spokes hook into flanges welded onto the rim. The market (in the long run it is always clever) rejected that silly design years ago. I'm sad to see an industrial design student with a "concept bike" project thinks they're a good idea. Notice how the fork matches the wheel and how the rear suspension is designed to look like a seatpost.

hey @Yellow Saddle your comments always welcome

it was hard to get a good luck at the finer details as i had a security guard breathing down my neck and i felt like any minute know he was going to evict me .

i seen some earlier Porsche road bikes and the frames have always looked fantastic , must admit this one didnt look pleasing to the eye as much but then i am a ludite that likes steel

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Your have ridden it right up peoples rear number plates, and overtaken at every inopportune moment.
Not with that gearing you're not!

It may just be the angle of the picture, but Porsche appear to have stolen a leaf out of the Alfa Romeo "design" book.

Screenshot_2017-10-27-08-19-27-1.png

I tend to prefer having my headbadge and front VRM plate stuck on centrally.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Definitely better off sticking with vintage steel @biggs682. Blimey that thing is ugly, not that surprising I suppose as all their cars look like Kermit the frog. This looks like a dog trying to wipe its arse on the carpet, and whats with the huge clearances between the fork and the front wheel, is this traditional Porsche 'boot space'.^_^ £6k:eek::laugh:

Top Bottom