Porsche Bike rs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
By design? Can you identify the brand?
Sorry, my sarcasm (towards "Porsche") didn't reach the mark.
It is a Crank Brothers Cobalt 11 post.
Long thin seatposts like that flex perceptibly with heavier riders. Heavier, being about 70kgs and above. They flex in all directions and the feeling is one of instability and danger. Cannondale supposedly harnessed flex on one of its bikes by making it flex in the fore-aft direction only, by designing a special shape for the post. This one is round, long and thin, like a fishing pole. I suspect less thought was given to real-life riding than to the promotional function of the bike.
The "design" and price tells me it wasn't really intended for selling and if you turn up at the shop with your 6K pounds, you'll find the bike invisibly bolted to the floor. Invisibly-bolted is a term used by retailers for items intended to get customers into the shop and then talked into a more expensive product.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Sorry, my sarcasm (towards "Porsche") didn't reach the mark.
It is a Crank Brothers Cobalt 11 post.
Long thin seatposts like that flex perceptibly with heavier riders. Heavier, being about 70kgs and above. They flex in all directions and the feeling is one of instability and danger. Cannondale supposedly harnessed flex on one of its bikes by making it flex in the fore-aft direction only, by designing a special shape for the post. This one is round, long and thin, like a fishing pole. I suspect less thought was given to real-life riding than to the promotional function of the bike.
The "design" and price tells me it wasn't really intended for selling and if you turn up at the shop with your 6K pounds, you'll find the bike invisibly bolted to the floor. Invisibly-bolted is a term used by retailers for items intended to get customers into the shop and then talked into a more expensive product.
I'm afraid your sarcasm certainly flew way over my head.

Isn't this is just the same thing that most aspirational car brands do dialled up to 11? Bung a stickered bike on the SUV option's roof rack to make it look more 'lifestyle'. I agree that it's literally window dressing, but I doubt anyone goes into a car showroom for the bike, especially one for 6 large, and then gets upsold a £80,000+ car.

but I doubt anyone goes into a car showroom for the bike, especially one for 6 large, and then gets upsold a £80,000+ car.

That's not what I meant. I used to concept to illustrate that the bike isn't really for sale. There's only one available per showroom. Some hapless employee will inherit it once the promotion is over.

2017-10-27 13.32.20.png

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Ex civil servants.^_^ They have far more money than sense.

Are you not forgetting the current ones are not much better

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

I wonder why the bike is 'not approved for use on public roads'.

Unless Porsche is being very cautious and is referring to the bike not having wheel reflectors or reflective tyre sidewalls, or pedal reflectors.

In the Fatherland, bikes over a certain weight have to have lights, although this bike is 9kg so probably doesn't fall under that regulation.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Moulton don't seem to have any problem selling the New Series…see also Storck, Cervelo RCA, Lightweight, AX Lightness, Parlee…all of them doing good business.

Top Bottom