Porshe Taycan electric anyone ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

One of the many reasons i prefer motorcycles.
Yeah but even them aren't as much fun as they used to be, I can remember happily emptying a Fireblade tank & very rarely dropping below the national speed limit at any time, i wouldn't do that now.

Drago

Legendary Member
Do they make an electric Corsa for £9K if they did I reckon there would be a queue around the block
The fact that the Porker is electric would seem to be entirely incidental. People buy it because they like fast cars and want to show off that fact. Its environmental credentials - which are badly compromised anyway - are of no consequence to such buyers, and a small, clean, lightweight ICE car is less polluting cradle-to-grave anyway.

If you want to show off, buy the Porker. If you want anything else whatsoever in a car and intend to use it legally, buy something else.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The fact that the Porker is electric would seem to be entirely incidental. People buy it because they like fast cars and want to show off that fact. Its environmental credentials - which are badly compromised anyway - are of no consequence to such buyers, and a small, clean, lightweight ICE car is less polluting cradle-to-grave anyway.

If you want to show off, buy the Porker. If you want anything else whatsoever in a car and intend to use it legally, buy something else.
indeed im not into the whole powah thing , i get it but having a car that can do up to 3 times the speed limit is lost on me .Its like when people say so an so car is underpowered and they wouldnt buy one, wtf are they wanting to do with it ?

Crazy situation with Porsche... they used to have 2 or 3 models max now its diesels, electrics, suv this, exec saloon that...same with BMW really. A bewildering range of cars, but a much higher % of mediocre ones :blink:

DRHysted

Guru
indeed im not into the whole powah thing , i get it but having a car that can do up to 3 times the speed limit is lost on me .Its like when people say so an so car is underpowered and they wouldnt buy one, wtf are they wanting to do with it ?

depends on what context they are using the term underpowered. I tow so always have to keep in mind the power of the engine, especially when I get into the Scottish Highlands.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
depends on what context they are using the term underpowered. I tow so always have to keep in mind the power of the engine, especially when I get into the Scottish Highlands.
to and from work 1 occupant

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Crazy situation with Porsche... they used to have 2 or 3 models max now its diesels, electrics, suv this, exec saloon that...same with BMW really. A bewildering range of cars, but a much higher % of mediocre ones :blink:
This is the whole issue of car culture. There is too much choice. So now we have DerGroenerElectrischVankpanzers, but they still consume a lot of resources to build, are still less safe on the roads than regular electric cars, and will still consume more electricity than regular electric cars just to satisfy egos again.
Do we never learn?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's interesting that @Grant Fondo highlighted the German car makers. Apparently only around 6% of new car registered there are electric compared to 65% in Denmark. UK is not doing any better at around 4%. Germany is lagging behind the rest of Europe instead of leading the way. Maybe this might be why industry there is heading into recession?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Porsche need to sell lots to get their average fleet emissions down. The emissions of the ICE Porsches are prodigious.

Top Bottom