Portable Dry Robe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rhysito

Hi All,
I have started doing open water swimming which in the Uk at this time of year means cold water swimming! Can anyone recommend a decent changing / dry robe which is also portable so I can then continue on from my swim on my bike? Dry Robes look amazing but they are seriously bulky!
Best
Steve

numbnuts

Legendary Member

Last edited:
Hi All,
I have started doing open water swimming which in the Uk at this time of year means cold water swimming! Can anyone recommend a decent changing / dry robe which is also portable so I can then continue on from my swim on my bike? Dry Robes look amazing but they are seriously bulky!
Best
Steve

Do you mean to ride home in - or just carry ?

byegad

Legendary Member
While very bulky, I wear my Dryrobe on my Mobility Scooter, it packs into a netting bag small enough to fit into a large pannier bag.

simongt

Guru
Back in the early 60s, my mum made a 'dryrobe' for my sister so she could get dry and change from her cossie back into shorts & t-shirt on the beach in full view of all and sundry, but in complete modesty. It was a suitable length of towelling material sewn into a tube with a drawstring around the neck.
Presto, job done, and a LOT cheaper than these Dryrobes now on the market - ! :laugh:

Dirtyhanz2

Not a dry robe but have a look at buffalo cycling warmest cycling jacket I have ever had I would say very really cold enough for it and not to bulky

simongt

Guru
Buffalo windshirts have been around for yonks and still appear to be making a good product. Never had one, but all the reviews speak well of them. :smile: Not cheap, but maybe you get what you pay for here.
Apparently they're worn with no base layer under them to work best - ? :whistle:

Dirtyhanz2

Buffalo windshirts have been around for yonks and still appear to be making a good product. Never had one, but all the reviews speak well of them. :smile: Not cheap, but maybe you get what you pay for here.
Apparently they're worn with no base layer under them to work best - ? :whistle:

I have worn mine at temperatures below -10 yes you wear them on there own no layering amazing bit of kit and made in Sheffield top quality only downside to them is they get to hot in anything but the coldest of weather mine only comes out when we get in minus figures

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Yep nothing under them is best, you’ll be colder with something under them

Top Bottom