Portable espresso makers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm thinking of getting one of these, just wonder if anyone has experience of them please?

Sod that.
that price.
Rechargeable battery!!
why not just buy a bialetti?
Can also be used at home.
One of the 20th century's great designs.
Lasts forever - is indestructible - even if you try to incinerate it.
All its bits can be replaced.
I do keep meaning to start a pic thread or your bike and a coffee - watch this space.
Yours - coffee head.

Blimey, not terribly environmentally friendly with those pods either. I'm hoping Santa is going to be bringing me and Aeropress go, half the price and ultralight, no pods either, just fresh ground coffee.

https://aeropress.com/product/aeropress-go-travel-coffee-press/
it uses pods?
I didn't look that far.
Sod that too.
I saw an ad the other day claiming that their pods were eco?
Wot more eco than a coffee bean?
Is there a use of "pod" these days that doesn't scream bullshit - chuck it in the canal - run for the hills?
am thinking of "camping pod"

Last edited:
Bialetti (£10 from an ebay personal sale) by the Bridgewater Canal Manchester
It's on the left of the pile of junk.
2 cups in no time with a mini stove, a £1 big gas cartridge and a £3.50 chinese adaptor between them.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
The Aeropress makes a passable espresso - 15g of ground coffee beans topped with a little hot water, invert and then a quick and forceful plunge down to generate the pressure. You don't get the crema but the taste is not too bad at all.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Why the current demand for coffee at any time? I mean, I like my morning coffee, but then I just want to get on with my day. Just more stuff, whether pod, press, canister or cast iron guyser, cluttering up our lives.
Is it just about feeling safe, having all this everyday carry bollix (not necessarily you OP, you may well be asking for a spring camping trip etc), but mor widely, this (often male) preoccupation with having stuff with you. And the right stuff. Stone Age man did alright for millennia with a bit of antler and a few shards of flint. Let the castigation begin
(No, I don’t have a telly😏)

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Blue Hills 100% agree a bialeti (other moka pots are available) is the only way to home brew a decent coffee. Millions of Italians can't be wrong .I'm sorry the portable stove and gas canister is starting to get a bit to Boy Scout for me. Having said that ,post covid if I see you brewing up I don't mind sharing a cup.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I've got one - the Conqueco. It's good for me when I'm on the road with work as I can have a good coffee without going into those bodawful ripoff coffee places. Tend to use it in conjunction with a flask of hot water to make a Lungo.

midlife

Guru
it uses pods?
I didn't look that far.
Sod that too.
I saw an ad the other day claiming that their pods were eco?
Wot more eco than a coffee bean?
Is there a use or "pod" these days that doesn't scream bullshit - chuck it in the canal - run for the hills?
am thinking of "camping pod"

The advert said the pods were compostable, but the fine print at the bottom says not for home composting, industrial composting only! Lavazza coffee advert I think?

dodgy

What's the use case? Is this because most cafes are closed and you want to have coffee on your bike rides?
If that was me I'd just get a hexi stove and an aeropress to make coffee on the go. Cheap, reliable.

Top Bottom