Portable mini pump recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

donnasdr

Pump & controllable CO2 canister are a good combination IMO. The pump to get the air needed on the tyre to fit and then initially inflate further so not wasting part of a CO2 canister if their is a faulty valve, then the CO2 canister to quickly inflate fully. Pity no one seems to make a controllable CO2 valve with a pressure gauge on built. As for the requested recommendation I have a Lezyne road drive pump which is fine.

Perfect! I ended up ordering the pocket rocket though so hope it will also be a good choice.

OP
OP
D

donnasdr

What does he use now when he goes out ?
It would be unusual to change kit the day before a race. What is the race by the way - sounds interesting.

To be honest Im not sure what he does now I dont think he has anything portable at least I have never seen him use or mention anything. I think he takes it to the shop for maintenance every now and then? Its an ironman 51.50

figbat

Slippery scientist
Thank you for your reply!! I ordered a pocket rocket so Im happy you also have a good experience with it thats a good question! How can I know if its tube or tubeless? I have one pic I can share if it helps

No way of knowing from looking at the valve whether it’s tubeless - but that valve is a little short; deep section wheels usually need a longer valve so you have plenty poking through. To be honest, I run a couple of wheels with short valves and get away with it, but it’s not ideal.

Lezyne power drive or road drive.

In general though check these periodically. If you ride through winter - it's taking on damp/salt/road grime etc - then when you most need your mini pump it's not functional.

+1 for the Pocket Rocket. I have two. :smile: One lives permanently on the frame of the hybrid (my most-used bike), the other migrates between the roadie and the MTB. Does both Presta and Schrader valves, so winner, winner.

I do top up tyres with a track pump before going out, though.

Topeak bike stuff is good, not just the pumps.

Top Bottom