Portsmouth Cycle routes, A27/Eastern Road to International Ferry.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can anyone advise me whether it would be possible to Tandem from the Roundabout at A27/Eastern Road, along the creek(?)
I can see on Googlemap that there is a rail bridge, and it looks like this would be a problem to cross?
I particluarly wanted to ride along the section from the Lido at Portsbridge to Rudmore roundabout, having come from Chichester along the A259, and alongside the A27, where I know there's a cycle path.

Can anyone suggest a route, limiting the amount of road cycling, but able to allow a tandem to pass?

Thanks!
Shaun

We use the cycle path that runs past the lido when going to the ferry port after coming through Cosham, would be fine on a tandem.

Sorry, don't know. We come over Portsdown Hill, past the hospital then through Cosham. You could use the A2030 Havant Road and approach from the same direction.

There is a cycle path that runs from Havant to the Eastern Road parallel to the M/A27, but there is a gap here.

We have always used Eastern Road and then cut across Anchorage Road, Norway Road, Gunstore Road, Limberline Spur and then Military Road. This rejoins the main London Road with a footbridge. Small steps that are a nuisance rather than a problem.

There are however lots of footpaths through the area you are looking at which is called Hilsea Lines

There are details of the walking routes on the link, but also you could contact parks@portsmouthcc.gov.uk and ask about a route.

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
I've had a reply from the Ranger, with a map, and some detail added, which shows the north bank path as an available route, high tide excepted.
I'm after a little more detail, particularly under the rail bridge, but also whether this is just a just a footpath, and the rough width - we may have a trailer with us!
If anyone can advise, maybe with photographs showing under the rail bridge, I'd be really grateful!

Top Bottom