posh Hotels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't do 'posh' out of principle and I can't afford it, I prefer the other end of the market, but once I was put up in an expensive hotel in Hawaii after my flight had been cancelled. Free food and drinks. Even had my 'own' live-ish sex show; the couple next door were going at it hammer and tongs all night, and my imagination was running riot!
But what a shock I had the next morning when I saw them in the corridor! They were both really fat! :biggrin::ohmy:xx( :biggrin:

The Jurys Inn, Broad Street, Birmingham. This Thursday and Friday :biggrin: :biggrin:

girofan

Went to Lanzagrotty for a bit of winter warmth last month. Stayed at the Coronas Playa in Costa Teguise. Not at all posh but the buffet food was terriffic, anything not there the staff would try to oblige!
Have stayed at 5 star establishments with a less comprehensive and quality menu. :blush::biggrin::biggrin:

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Probably doesn't count as super-posh, but the City Inn Westminster gets my vote for having a whisky library (and for doing scrambled eggs with smoked salmon for breakfast) :blush::tongue::tongue:.

QuickDraw

My poshest by far was the Hotel das Cataratas, next to the Iguacu Falls in Brazil. It was $95 a night for a room about the size of my house, the bathroom alone was bigger than my bedroom at home. The next night my hotel was $5, more my style.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Mine was the Guiamina Princess Hotel in Tenerife. We booked the place as a last miniute deal and got it really cheap. The place was wonderful. It had marble halls and every luxury you could ask for. it also had outdoor heated pools as well as naturaly heated pools. The food was out of this world and the rooms were so spacious that we could of many more people in there. It is th best place I have ever stayed in.

killiekosmos

Veteran
With friends we go to Westin Turnberry each year for a weekend. Golf and snooker for boys - spa treatments for girls followed by lots of food and wine (but the trick is NOT to eat in the hotel - food vastly over-priced) there is a wonderful eatery - Wildings - in Maidens so get hotel to take you there and collect you (2 miles away)

Many years ago my wife got a late booking holiday for all 5 in the family to Longboat Key, Sarasota in Florida. Longboat Key Hilton - right on its own stretch of beach. Really swanky - but food very expensive. I drove regularly to local deli to get lunch and into Sarasota for dinner each night.

We like to go to Spain frequently and try to stay in H10 Hotels. Best we've been to is H10 Estepona Palace, closely followed by H10 Costa Adeje Palace in Tenerife and the wonderful H10 Meloneras Palace in Gran Canaria (which looks like a giant clam shell 5 storeys high.

Top Bottom