posh Hotels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FatBloke

Über Member
The best two hotels I've stayed in are here and here. A pleasant week in the first and a long weekend in the second. Couldn't be faulted!! :evil:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Crowne Plaza, Beijing, was mine... :evil:
I got propositioned by a drunk prozzie* in her 60s.... :biggrin:

*(the barman told me, after I'd refused to pay for her drink)

Speicher said:
Did they let you back in with your Fish and Chips?

When we find a suitable fish and chip shop it is customery to eat them standing up, out-side, with fingers. As was intended. :evil: :biggrin:

The best fish and chips so far was in Derby.

Only a bat... Ooops! Matter of time before some one will start a thread about the best fish and chips you have evey eaten...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've stayed in a couple of poncey ones in Singapore and Vancouver whose names escape me but I'm not comfortable in places like that. I prefer it a bit more free and easy without some prat dressed in an oversized red coat trying to open the door for me and a midget in a fez wanting to carry my bag!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Unfortunately whenever I get invited to speak in places they tend to want me to stat me up in god-awful high-end business hotels which are just the most horrible, pretentious yet sterile spaces imaginable full of the kind of people I would rather avoid - the same kinds of places where business conferences are held.

So I tend to find nice B&Bs instead. Always more interesting. I think the Star Of Texas Inn in Austin, was the nicest I have stayed in, or perhaps the Hotel Belvedere in Kingston, Ontario. However I think my favourite hotels have definitely been ryokan in Japan - this one near Hakone was lovely

walker

Holiday Inn, Ashford.

Another thats never stayed in a posh Hotel. I worked in one for a couple of months and realised they are the same as cheapies, just that bit more expensive.
I did stay in a posh spa once

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I can do a bit of bragging here methinks.

the Monkey house in bray. Cross the thames on a footbridge and it opens out onto a croquet lawn with phesants on it. Turn your beds back at 7pm, cucumber sarnies, the lot. well lush.

Crowne plaza on wabash ave, chicago; concierge level, free whisky and cakes 5-9pm. $330 a night, For two weeks.

Hotel Opera in Madrid. Very very pleasant.

All that travelling's over now but I still chuckle to myself at some of the gaffs a scrote like myself has got himself into:tongue::evil:

Top Bottom