Posh or retro cycle shirts (LS or SS), what have you seen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just throwing this out there as I have been doing some searching and not coming up with much that hits the spot, or lots of suppliers with no stock or just tiny sizes.

Requirements are;
  • Sensible, conservative colours. Preferably not all one colour but definitely nothing garish or very pale.
  • Subtle or no branding. Don't wish to look like a mobile billboard.
  • Reasonable pricing. My comfort zone would be around £30-50, get a bit twitchy once we get to £60+ and definitely won't be buying any boutique stuff that runs into 3 figures ££££ :eek: Don't mind stretching the budget a bit if the quality justifies it.
  • Sizing is a bit of a mystery to me but probably X-XL as I am 6' 1" and around 95kg. I would class myself as robust, but not flabby, just a bit of a mild paunch as do many my age.
So people, please inspire me. I would describe my typical cycling look as touring rather than sportive racer but want to smarten up a bit from my normal humorous shirts. I'm sure some of my forum 'mates' will be along shortly to make childish comments about my appearance :rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just throwing this out there as I have been doing some searching and not coming up with much that hits the spot, or lots of suppliers with no stock or just tiny sizes.

I'm sure some of my forum 'mates' will be along shortly to make childish comments about my appearance :rolleyes:

I'm saying nothing.

:whistle:

You need a 'just hold my drink, whilst I do this' t-shirt, or 'I do all my own stunts'.

:crazy:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
@I like Skol what size chest are you and do you like tighter race fit or looser more casual?
I’ve just spent my birthday money on a couple of Rapha Core jerseys, this is Rapha’s budget option, they were £60 each but I had a 20% discount code too, the quality is excellent but they may be slightly short in the body for you.

I also bought an Endura ‘ride London’ jersey, I thought it was worth trying at £14 plus post, matching socks available too!
The quality is fantastic, longer in the body than the Rapha ones;
https://www.evanscycles.com/brand/endura/ridelondon-2020-mens-jersey-632495#colcode=63249518

BF03B42D-A0B9-4107-8458-27759FD74AA2.jpeg

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Altura are good too

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Prendas have effectively stopped selling jerseys (although they may have a few left in some odd sizing) and are concentrating on the caps these days.

Top Bottom