Possibly dumb question about gearing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How about this very reasonably priced 21" Woodrup touring frame for fifty quid? It's up in Yorkshire but maybe he could post for you.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/woodrup-reynolds-531-touring-frame/1342723486

Edit: sorry I didn't clock you are using a 18"frame.
Would have thought that would be too small for you.
I don't think the frame sizing on those bore much resmblance to anyone else's! But whatever it really is, it suits the stumpy arms and legs!

Regarding frame proportions, a compact style frame such as Giant had a much lower top tube than the Scott, for the same length. If that is what you need.

All the searching turns up lots of frames, in 531, ally, etc, and almost without exception, way too big. 5 foot 8 and 29 inside leg, nearly everything is too big! The trek 800 I have is an 18" frame, bought new, and that's fine, although it's a sloping tube frame.

No helpful advice I'm afraid, but I'm in exactly the same situation which is why all my bikes so far are 26" wheeled with an 18"(ish) frame. It is also why we're converting an old MTB into a drop bar bike instead of getting 700cc wheeled frame...

Top Bottom