Post a touring photo, no explanation needed. Just to help me dream. I’ll kick off.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobinS

Veteran

Homeward bound, reaching the Netherlands

RobinS

Veteran

Hoek van Holland - end of the road!

Mfezela

I think you might need that towel in the crate on the back of your bike.

I actually enjoy these sorts of obstacles. Having to change route has often led me into wonderful places, and met wonderful people, that I would otherwise have missed. The most extreme example was in Angola where I'd, inadvertently and unknowingly, strayed into the grounds of an open air prison. From being questioned at gun point I ended up staying the night (voluntarily) in a cell with complimentary refreshments. All communications were by reference to an English - Portuguese phrasebook, and hand signs/gestures. 😉

Last edited:
I actually enjoy these sorts of obstacles. Having to change route has often led me into wonderful places, and met wonderful people, that I would otherwise have missed. The most extreme example was in Angola where I'd, inadvertently and unknowingly, strayed into the grounds of an open air prison. From being questioned at gun point I ended up staying the night (voluntarily) in a cell with complimentary refreshments. All communications were by reference to a English/Portuguese phrasebook and hand signals 😉
You certainly like to get off the beaten track!

Thanks
I remember those bags with the uplifts. Bag just the right size for youth hostelling
Mike

Top Bottom