Post a touring photo, no explanation needed. Just to help me dream. I’ll kick off.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Closer to home than many.

The Hamble ferry

PaulSB

Legendary Member
didn't take you for a tourer paulsb.
Those rims OK with that load?
Oh yes I love touring, some of the finest riding I've ever done has been on solo tours. I'm happiest alone, silence, middle of nowhere, with my bike but previous health issues mean my wife no longer permits this.

Most of my riding is on road with clubmates and friends and we like to play about getting PBs on segments etc. but truthfully we all just love riding. Hitting segments etc. is just a bit of a laugh.

Yes the rims held up very well but the image is deceptive. All I'm carrying is minimal clothing, enough food for next meal (cheese, salami etc.), maps, limited spares and 2-3 litres of extra water. I'm a credit card tourer!

This was part of a solo ride to Bordeaux in 2014.

This year with a buddy we planned to ride to Nice for the start of the TDF but Covid-19 binned that one.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
impressively lightweight/mimimalist set-up there.
Just a flying visit on that occasion as forecast was good so really just a bivvy. On other occasions I had a BoB trailer and the kitchen sink fortunately as weather turned foul and my cheepo tent from Lidl got flooded twice.

Top Bottom