Post a touring photo, no explanation needed. Just to help me dream. I’ll kick off.....

One.
That's how many photos you've contributed to this thread, for someone who wants to dream....

One.

View attachment 566163
^^ That's from my first ever tour....
My ciggies, lighter, guidebook and camera in the barbag, a jacket and book in the single pannier. The rest of my clothes were carried from hotel to hotel in a van.
I guess that wasn't touring!

There are enough barriers to going on a tour, especially these days. How about not slagging off those that do it differently to you?:banghead:
now now hobbes.
Chill
less of the mexican chilli
It's not mandatory to contribute to all threads, or even contribute multiple times.
I can take pics and I can type/write.
But I read/listen more than I type/talk.
My comment on loading was to do with touring pics v day ride pics - not a critique of touring styles.
And on the location - I just like to know (at least roughly) where things are.
Inquisitive sod I suppose.

Am impressed that you have trawled all through this to find I have made one/ONE post on it - have forgotten whatever it may have been - off to try to find it.

edit - cripes -29 pages - I may be some time.

bagpuss

Guru

Aravis

Here for the ride.
Going through some old papers I found some long-forgotten photos, including this one. It dates from May 1985 and I think we were making our way very slowly up the western side of the Col de la Croix Fry:

As on other occasions, I have to apologise for being so improperly dressed. Somehow it seemed OK at the time. :blush:

Top Bottom