Post a touring photo, no explanation needed. Just to help me dream. I’ll kick off.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
col sign.jpg
col me.jpg

I wear contacts these days.

bagpuss

Guru
48593900007_51838445fa_o.jpg Bala Arrivee by rebalrid, on Flickr

21597941415_5274789332_o.jpg Snowdonia by rebalrid, on Flickr

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Not strictly on tour, but I was on holiday. September 1989, the car park halfway up Buttertubs on the Wensleydale side.

The guy behind me was called Gareth and would have been my best man, but sadly died of meningitis at the end of 1990. He used to ride a Galaxy. The young lady on my right is Margaret, but the rest I've forgotten. I was wondering where the sixth member of the party is but of course she's behind the camera.

Not strictly on tour, but I was on holiday. September 1989, the car park halfway up Buttertubs on the Wensleydale side.

View attachment 569578

The guy behind me was called Gareth and would have been my best man, but sadly died of meningitis at the end of 1990. He used to ride a Galaxy. The young lady on my right is Margaret, but the rest I've forgotten. I was wondering where the sixth member of the party is but of course she's behind the camera.
charming pic aravis - am intrigued by there only being one bike and six people - though maybe the reason is lost in the yorkshire mists of your mind since you seem to have forgotten most of the folks in the pic,
RIP your best man.

Fram

It's a Thorn XTC. "Fram", named by the guy who put her together, has one of the last frames they made in England (I think). Is yours an early Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative bike? Just going by the name - Edinburgh Country. I had one in the 80s but it wasn't the same spec as that.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
charming pic aravis - am intrigued by there only being one bike and six people - though maybe the reason is lost in the yorkshire mists of your mind since you seem to have forgotten most of the folks in the pic,
RIP your best man.
I can remember most of the detail. It wasn't a cycling holiday, just an ordinary week for six in a holiday home. It was organised by Margaret who came from Sunderland and was a very good friend of Gareth, who in turn was part of my circle in Bristol. She asked him to pick someone suitable, and I was lucky enough to get the invite.

Naturally my bike came with me, but no-one else had taken one. Quite properly, most of the time I joined in with whatever the group were doing, but I did have my one big day out. I think meeting that day on Buttertubs was pure chance.

Top Bottom