Post a touring photo, no explanation needed. Just to help me dream. I’ll kick off.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
A bit late for posting here, Ronda viewpoint the day covid shut down Spain.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSpain....^_^

Retyred.life

April 2022. Free night's stay at Fairfield Inn Hotel in Rawlins, Wyoming courtesy of the local Tourist Information Centre manager 🙂

Wyoming is bleak, both landscape and weather. Outside it's blowing a gale and spitting ice, inside I can't get the AC to go below 70°F, 21°C 🙁

Last edited:

Sallar55

Veteran
View attachment 639277

April 2022. Free night's stay at Fairfield Inn Hotel in Rawlins, Wyoming courtesy of the local Tourist Information Centre manager 🙂

View attachment 639279

Wyoming is bleak, both landscape and weather. Outside it's blowing a gale and spitting ice, inside I can't get the AC to go below 70°F, 21°C 🙁
Great basin next, could visit the prison if weather not great. Highlight is sitting on the electric chair.

How are you finding Spain Hobbes?

Well, it's been a lot tougher than I was expecting ...... Not that I'd put a huge amount of thought into it 😊

Then there was some serious culture shock!
It's so quiet for one thing. Spanish people love to talk - that's the soundtrack of Spain - people chatting.

It's been cold, very cold, wet, snow, then hot and now wind is throwing a curve ball ^_^
I lost a full day due to snow, another day stuck in mud.
Never a dull moment!

But I'm at the sea so I couldn't be happier.

But.......

It's absolutely fabulous!

I'm loving the "Siesta" - time to poke around towns that I seem to have all to myself....
The towns are full of history and culture and are just so damn interesting and inspiring.
The cities are even better! And I normally avoid cities.
Traffic is great - the very rare times I encounter it.
The food is just ...... Well, let's just say I'm getting fatter!^_^
There's something in the air that just sucks all the urgency of life away and makes me appreciate the "right now".

Spain really is a bike touring Fantasyland. Big roads, backroads, no roads - it's all possible. Great food, great wine and suitable for all budgets. I've already met loads of bike tourers of all types.

Oh! I've discovered why no-one likes the French! ^_^

When the website says that some sections of the EuroVelo route are "in development" I should probably pay a bit more attention....

IMG_20220427_083943.jpg

It ended with a locked gate!

I swear one of those donkeys was laughing at me as I bounced past them (again) a few hours later ^_^

Now I really want to see the "Concept" stages!

Simon_m

Guru
Not the Transam. Started (on March 1st) to ride the GDMBR south to north but encountered so many snow blocked roads that I'm now on a parallel lower altitude route - still mostly off road though.

ok wow, is it a bad winter or you just started super early. hope to see more photos

Top Bottom