Post a touring photo, no explanation needed. Just to help me dream. I’ll kick off.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Retyred.life

20221212_102011.jpg

July '22. Leading down to Valley of The Gods and Monument Valley, Utah.

FYI. https://www.utahscanyoncountry.com/The-Moki-Dugway-Scenic-Backway-Utah-Highway-261

Moki Dugway (ft on Valley of the gods page).jpeg
Not my photo. It would have been a real hike to get to this viewpoint.

Last edited:

Retyred.life

20221008_111500.jpg

October '22. California.

FYI. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrizo_Plain

Retyred.life

I'm currently taking shelter with a Warmshowers host in Silver City, New Mexico.

Mon, 12th Dec.
wsymbol_0012_heavy_snow_showers.png

Lo: 23°F, -5°C
Hi: 40°F, 4°C
Moderate or heavy snow showers.

Tue, 13th. Dec.
wsymbol_0020_cloudy_with_heavy_snow.png

Lo: 21°F, -6°C
Hi: 34°F, 1°C
Blizzard.
Wed, 14th. Dec.
wsymbol_0001_sunny.png

Lo: 19°F, -7°C
Hi: 39°F, 4°C
Sunny.

Last edited:

Simon_m

Guru
Happy New year, Just deleting some old pics off my phone and forgot to share this one last year. While on Holiday in Croatia we dis some island hoping. We saw lots of cyclists at the ferry terminals also, so grabbed this shot. Happy memories of a lovely hot sunny holiday. Lots of steep hills for those on bikes!

IMG_7874.jpg

Simon_m

Guru
hopefully doing our France trip this year, so will be going coast to coast again but by a different route (June - July). Will share pics when completed. Should be tough and scenic.

Imaginos

E98174E8-C8C5-4554-BE80-9C958BA3646B.jpeg

Sallar55

Veteran
An old image camped a day before the Tour de France goes over the col . Managed to find a good spot on the last corner of the Izoard. Later a man from a film crew appeared and said this is our spot. A couple of tour followers came to our rescue and said to him show us your document from the Marie, forgot to bring the document. We struck a deal, he treated us to a meal in the hotel below and we pack up the tent early next morning for the crew to set up a camera. Everyone is happy.

jpegScan-230129-0053    copy.jpg

Simon_m

Guru
An old image camped a day before the Tour de France goes over the col . Managed to find a good spot on the last corner of the Izoard. Later a man from a film crew appeared and said this is our spot. A couple of tour followers came to our rescue and said to him show us your document from the Marie, forgot to bring the document. We struck a deal, he treated us to a meal in the hotel below and we pack up the tent early next morning for the crew to set up a camera. Everyone is happy.

View attachment 676126

amazing spot. sounds like they were trying it on.

Top Bottom