Post edit box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Any chance of restoring the behaviour which we used to have which protected us from our own stupidity? I just wrote a very long post and clicked a browser bookmark before posting it and without opening another tab first. I was taken to the new site, muttered 'damn' (or words to that effect!) and clicked the back button. I end up with an empty edit box. With the old software I'm sure that the box contents were restored in such a situation.

I'd either like that old behaviour back, or some sort of test put in place which would throw up a dialogue box saying "You haven't saved your post - do you wish to leave this page?"

Cheers.

Shaun

Founder
I'm not sure whether that's do-able - I'll certainly check - but one bit of advice that might help is to occasionally (especially when writing long posts / replies) press CRTL+A to select your post text, then CTRL+C to copy it to the clipboard. This way you can paste a good chunk of it back if you do happen to accidentally navigate away. (Sorry, don't mean to rub salt in the wound or anything ... :blush: )

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ho ho - if I could remember to copy it then I'd probably remember to post it!

I suppose you're right though - make a habit of it then I wouldn't have to remember.

Ah ah - I've just discovered that in my Opera browser I can do Ctrl-A, Ctrl-Shift-C and copy the text direct to a browser 'note' which is marked with the CC fav icon so I know where it came from - that's handy! 

Top Bottom