Post-Moderne boingy seatpost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
I had problems with one of these and was advised to get a replacement as it couldn't be fixed. I didn't think the suspension was worth having, more trouble than it was worth.xx(

onlyhuman

No, but the moving metal part wore away at the nylon bushings until the saddle started to swing slightly as I pedalled, which was a surprisingly disconcerting sensation. The seat post was seized in the tube, and removing it took at least two years off my life. The seat post had never boinged like it was supposed to since it was new, and I was glad to see the back of it.

onlyhuman

Hi Tynan,

Tough, hard plastic. I'm no expert, but I believe it is often nylon. Wikiwisdom:

Solid nylon is used for mechanical parts such as machine screws, gears and other low- to medium-stress components previously cast in metal. Engineering-grade nylon is processed by extrusion, casting, and injection molding. Solid nylon is used in hair combs. Type 6/6 Nylon 101 is the most common commercial grade of nylon, and Nylon 6 is the most common commercial grade of molded nylon. Nylon is available in glass-filled variants which increase structural and impact strength and rigidity, and molybdenum sulfide-filled variants which increase lubricity.

Bernie

Top Bottom