Posting photos?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
You can either upload it to a site such as Flickr or Photobucket and then post the link via the message editor or use the Galley on here.

I believe you go into Gallery. Find the main category you wish to post into create a new album for yourself. Once created open it and upload your picture. You can then link to it in you post.
How is this done please, I have a picture of something on the bike I need help with taken with a mobile but how do I get it on here?

Or you can just click on the 'use full editor' button and 'Click to attach Files', browse to the file on your computer and click 'Add to Post' Discovery.jpg

You can either upload it to a site such as Flickr or Photobucket and then post the link via the message editor or use the Galley on here.

I believe you go into Gallery. Find the main category you wish to post into create a new album for yourself. Once created open it and upload your picture. You can then link to it in you post.

If you open a Photobucket account it's easy.

You upload into your Photobucket album then click on the picture you want to copy across.

You will then see on the left 4 options as regards the address of the picture - you select the Direct Link one by left clicking. The box then turns yellow and it says "copied".

Then you just go to the CC Insert Image and post that address.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And don't forget to resize them to a sensible size before posting them! (Say a maximum of 1,000 x 750 pixels.)

Modern digital cameras often take pictures which would fill about 16 typical computer screens. It is a ridiculous waste of bandwidth to post them like that and very annoying to have to pan the pictures about to see all parts of them.

And don't forget to resize them to a sensible size before posting them! (Say a maximum of 1,000 x 750 pixels.)

Modern digital cameras often take pictures which would fill about 16 typical computer screens. It is a ridiculous waste of bandwidth to post them like that and very annoying to have to pan the pictures about to see all parts of them.

I think if you attach them (rather than link to them) you don't need to resize them :thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think if you attach them (rather than link to them) you don't need to resize them :thumbsup:

Nope - a waste of bandwidth and it needs scrolling! (Big test picture attached.)

Attachments

• big test picture.jpg
    big test picture.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Top Bottom