Postman International Rescue operative.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
One of the Milliband boys gets paid 'undreds of thousands in America for being part of a rescue group.
Postman does it under the cloak of being an aged cyclist and boring old fart.
So the story goes as follows.
Postman has just finished weeding his driveway and as normal his next doors driveway and his bit of front garden,cos Derek is a fab young bloke and a great neighbour.
So Derek comes out and greets Postman,then goes over to the spare land a small wood we all own.He comes back and says there is a small cat stuck up a tree,his lady lodger has noticed it this morning while looking for her cat.
It seems this young cat had been up there some time and was distressed,did i have a ladder,yes but how high up is this cat,we go to see.Oh yes high enough for a 69 and 3/4's retired postie.So out comes my dad's two parts of a triple extension ladder,i won't say it's old but dad died in Feb 1986.
So i present the ladder to the tree,i am not daft i tie the ladder to the tree with a skipping rope and two cycle chains with padlocks,it is windy,and i don't want to slip off the trunk.
So we talk to this cat we even get it to the ladder i tried three times to grab it it arched it's back and dug it's claws in and it would not let go.Derek had a go it even got on the ladder,then went back to the tree branch.
I undid the rope and chains,and put the ladder higher on the trunk and refastened it to the tree,now as i go up i am way above the branch it's sat on.i am not going any higher,my legs are shaking.We have now been at this for about 90 mins according to Derek.So i have another go talk to the cat tell it how well it is doing and i take it in my hand,it jumps it arches it's back my specs go flying off my face and are caught on a branch phew that could have been expensive,the cat is getting more braver,it comes to me again grab pulled it to my chest and as fast as a 69 year old can i scamper down the ladder,we are all safe,the cat wriggles free from my grip and off it goes without a thank you.A job well done.
Postman goes back to his cover story as an old fart of a cyclist waiting for his next job.

D

Deleted member 26715

Cat's are never grateful you should know that at your age, it'll be back up there tomorrow

If you'd read up on the subject of cats stuck in trees, you'd know that if you leave it long enough it will come down of it's own accord.
41MAMHJNRRL._SX295_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The cat told me to send you this:

download.jpeg

Slick

Guru
I hate to be the voice of doom but an older friend of mine always dis his own DIY and one fine summer day went up a single piece ladder to paint his gutter as he did every year. Long story short, he came clattering down broke his hip and wrist and never ever fully recovered. Leave the cat to get his own way down.

Top Bottom