Postmans Christmas tip?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
If there was a real alternative to Royal Mail for private letters etc. I'd make sure that RM never got another penny from me ever again.
Too cushy for too long.

That depends on when I decide to strike, and for how long really!

No not really, our postie is really cool. He does a sterling job of hiding packages and leaving a note so I can find them if they won't go through the letter box. Class action.

The last two years I have come out with cups of tea for the binmen on the last collection before Christmas, that is one harsh job.

Abitrary

At our local post office picket, they used to try and engage the cyclists going by on the path, because they were easily targets. That was about 2 strikes back though.

They've stopped doing that now though, and I wondered why. Until a closer look the other day I noticed they started putting fit women in the rank of camping chairs as reverse psychology.

Very clever stuff

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Mine will get a blody good tip, no bills or junk mail for 5 days now.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Saw the full page ad from the CWU in the paper yesterday, explaining the strike. At the bottom it suggested things you could do to support the union.

First one being: Write to your MP.

Now. Am I missing something or is writing a letter not the best way to communicate at the moment....?

Arch said:
Saw the full page ad from the CWU in the paper yesterday, explaining the strike. At the bottom it suggested things you could do to support the union.

First one being: Write to your MP.

Now. Am I missing something or is writing a letter not the best way to communicate at the moment....?

I think they rather assumed that you'd be writing to your MP demanding that they all be sacked. :biggrin:

One of our friends in the running club has recently come out of hospital.
At the training session last night, a number of people had Get Well cards for her, which they gave to one girl who lives nearby and so could easily drop them in.

Including one guy who's a postman - we gave him some stick about how a postman hands-over his own letters to someone else for hand-delivery these days...

Top Bottom