England : London POSTPONED. Another Quite Interesting Sunday London Ride: 5 April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
London is full of interesting history, quirky corners and the downright bizarre. And this edition of the Sunday London ride will be seeking some of these out. Curiosities and trivia is the theme.

Subject to recce, the route is around 15 miles - negotiated at a very conversational pace - and will finish at the cafe in Russell Square - which is fairly central for most stations if a train home is your preference. I expect us to be there around 1.00pm, give or take. They serve good coffee, decent food, and beer.

Meet at Hyde Park Corner (by the Royal Artillery Memorial) at 9.30am, leaving as soon as the Horse Guards have passed (usually about 9:45am). There'll be a quick comfort break part way round, but it's best if you use the facilities in Hyde Park (you'll need 20p) before you rock up to the start.

As with any ride at this time of year, biblical weather will force a postponement. But I'm kind of hoping we've had all the rain we'll need in 2020 already.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and Tim’s role will be simply to guide us round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

Hands up if you fancy it.

GM

Legendary Member
:hello:

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Did a recce of this ride this morning. It's a cracker, even if I say so myself.

London was interesting today - eerily quiet on The Mall with very few tourists around. I thought perhaps there'd been a zombie apocalypse, LOL.
And then I ran into the Extinction Rebellion demonstration on Waterloo bridge. Those protesters must have been freezing! Hats off to them.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yes please.

Top Bottom