Pot Hole Issue on Route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I wondered if it was just less hassle to fix a pot hole in a side road than trying to get the space to do it on the main road.

summerdays said:
I wondered if it was just less hassle to fix a pot hole in a side road than trying to get the space to do it on the main road.

There is that. Astonishing how quickly a traffic jam results from trying to sort out potholes on main roads.

Norm

It takes a great deal to plan the closure of a main road - our local council are closing Maidenhead Bridge and that's been on the cards for many months. It will still cause chaos through the town, even with the preparation they have put in place.

Alternatively, to do a smaller pothole just involves calling their contractors and paying around £65 and that's it, job done.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Norm said:
It takes a great deal to plan the closure of a main road - our local council are closing Maidenhead Bridge and that's been on the cards for many months. It will still cause chaos through the town,

Yes - I went out for lunch whilst at my parents last week and got caught up in the traffic queues resulting from Maidenhead bridge - I had been going to suggest going down to the lock for a walk afterwards but instead headed Dorney direction.

Sargent

I did a ride in Wales last week and was amazed at what good conditions the roads are in compared to the Midlands. honestly, they are so smooth!

Top Bottom