Potential Bike Thief - Nuneaton/Coventy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSK

When I was looking for a Giant TCR, a seller on Facebook (and some duplicate adverts on Gumtree), called 'Marzena Marek' (Facebook) and 'Oliver' (Gumtree) always came up. After a couple of months, when looking at his listed items, he had a healthy stock of high end bikes, in varying frame sizes and specs with the Giant brand being his favourite.

When I questioned about a few of these he couldn't provide details over what is listed via stickers on the frame and not single bike has a purchase receipt. The varying frame sizes, lack of knowledge, false claims on adverts and an abrupt attitude leads me to think the bicycles are most probably stolen and far beyond what even a bike enthusiast would have.

If you have a decent bike in the Coventry/Nuneaton area beware!

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Why not inform the Filth and try to put a stop to his activities ?

D

Deleted member 1258

When I was looking for a Giant TCR, a seller on Facebook (and some duplicate adverts on Gumtree), called 'Marzena Marek' (Facebook) and 'Oliver' (Gumtree) always came up. After a couple of months, when looking at his listed items, he had a healthy stock of high end bikes, in varying frame sizes and specs with the Giant brand being his favourite.

When I questioned about a few of these he couldn't provide details over what is listed via stickers on the frame and not single bike has a purchase receipt. The varying frame sizes, lack of knowledge, false claims on adverts and an abrupt attitude leads me to think the bicycles are most probably stolen and far beyond what even a bike enthusiast would have.

If you have a decent bike in the Coventry/Nuneaton area beware!

Is there a way to deal with this on Gumtree by just reporting them?

OP
OP
DSK

DSK

I doubt anything would be done anyway. When they get rumbled they probably just create a new name/identity under which to advertise. It is shame to see some great looking bikes no doubt being taken from their owners.

As of today he's advertising;

4 x Giant TCR
1 x Giant Defy
1 x Giant Propel
1 x Planet X
1 x Pinarello
1 x BTWIN

lane

Veteran
Of course something would be done. It sounds like an organised gang who may be involved in other criminal activities. At least report your suspicions and let the police take it from there. You might just be responsible for cracking a major bike lifting gang.
You could well be their next victim.

Definitely would not bank on it but nothing to loose reporting it just don't hold your breath

OP
OP
DSK

DSK

I bought my Trek and latest Giant from Facebook. Both with original receipts of purchase, manuals etc.

Top Bottom