potholes (pics)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonesy

Guru
Smokin Joe said:

Instead of faffing about with keys and Lucozade bottles, take a picture of your erect penis sticking into the pothole to show how deep it is. You can then gaurantee your complaint will be taken right to the very top.

But in bonj's case, won't that simply demonstrate how shallow the hole is? :biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Dave5N said:
Um, Am I missing something here?

How will the council know if they are big or little potholes?

mjones said:
But in bonj's case, won't that simply demonstrate how shallow the hole is? :biggrin:

I think that was what dave5n was trying to say, and what I tried to emphasize, I realy must improove mi communnnnictttion skkills:ohmy:

toontra

Veteran
I reported a hole in Camden using the fillthathole website and it was fixed in 4 days. Pretty impressive IMO.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Instead of faffing about with keys and Lucozade bottles, take a picture of your erect penis sticking into the pothole to show how deep it is. You can then gaurantee your complaint will be taken right to the very top.[/quote]

I can see the headlines now: "Full grown man dragged into lair by tiny subterannean worm."

Abitrary

The pothole thing does make you think about priorities in engineering, when we can build mad bridges but can't do proper roads.

It looks like the utilities companies are to blame to me... get their money-making pipes down and let the councils sort out the mess.

Dave5N

Über Member
Abitrary said:
The pothole thing does make you think about priorities in engineering, when we can build mad bridges but can't do proper roads.

It looks like the utilities companies are to blame to me... get their money-making pipes down and let the councils sort out the mess.

Twenty years out-of-date. Mate.;)

Dave5N

Über Member
Good. That's how it left me.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
an edinburgh friend of mine gets a new set of wheels a year courtesy of the city council, thanks to the city's pothole population. boy does a carbon fork make a noise when it hits one of edinburgh's finest.

no wonder there are so many mobile wheely bins 4x4s there.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Fill in the form on their website. If you're honest about them, and point out that they are a danger to the life of cyclists, then they'll at least go out and have a look. Filling in a form means that there's a paper record, and when they're next audited they'll have to show that they responded within their target times.

Hmmm...
I've done the fillthathole route Mr P, but i vaguely recall you talking about the form on the council's OWN website. I was just wondering whether this carries more weight, as it seems sheffield haven't got such a form, and Derbyshire have got a link to it but the link doesn't work. There's a pothole in notts that i know of but haven't got round to photographing it and noting its exact location yet.

surfgurl

Contact your local council by phone. It works round here. OH spotted a pothole on the way to work that had appeared overnight due to flooding, he rang the council and it had been fixed by the time he drove home.
If you are taking photos keep them handy in case the council don't get the potholes fixed within a reasonable time. Then send them to your local newspaper. The potholes will certainly get fixed once the local rag has given them a call.

Danny

Legendary Member
In my experience it can be a bit hit and miss how quickly a Council responds to a complaint. Try and copy your emails to your local councillor and/or the councillor for the ward where the pot holes are. Council officers generally take complaints much more seriously if they think a councillor is on the case.

Top Bottom