Potholes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I tend to visit one...probably at least once a week. What is your experience?
Is it a question of surfacing the next day, or is there something deeper to contend with?

Today there has been a massive fuss about the damage that 'our' roads are doing to 'expensive vehicles' - even though the owners of said vehicles pay Road Tax and are entitled to feel hard done by. An example of the wares on show is here. Do you have any experience to add to the general 'overview' of 'I couldn't care less' by the guardians of road surfaces everywhere? What do you think should be done? I have a few ideas tossing and turning inside my head...

Empty those ashtrays people - you know it makes sense. (Unless you're a Sobranie Cocktail smoker, in which case the chauffeur will do it for you.)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Marathon originals 2.00 :becool: let the skinny tyred road bikers suffer ^_^
Btw, you "visit" potholes?

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I tend to visit one...probably at least once a week. What is your experience?

User76 quite likes a good pot hole, suspension on trailer boings up and down a bit of uppy downy occurs and general giggles erupt.... tis easy to avoid them with Bertha's tyres but not always so easy to get in the right place so that "little" or "large" avoid them too

Ern1e

Über Member
Our M.P. has created a pot hole patrol where by locals visit the web site Jake Berry MP's pothole patrol and we then report said location of the undesireable item and he then gets on to the County Council and then they seem to get filled in ( the pot hole that is not the CC.) I am not sure if this is a country wide sort of thing but our chap is very keen on getting the local roads into some kind of shape (even though they are just a patch up jobbie but better than nowt) so please check with your MP. they may just have one and if not badger them into it !!!

What I find quite amazing is the longevity of London potholes. Seeing as Aperitif comments about visiting them, perhaps they've been applying for Tourist Board funding and are now listed monuments? Which could explain why they seem to exist for months, if not years, such as the ones in Parliament Square.

Out in the sticks, if there's a pothole I spot, I know I can report it on the CTC fill that hole web site, and about a week later someone comes out and sprays a bit of white (or if they're feeling flash), yellow spray paint around it, and generally about 10 days later it gets filled in. Doesn't seem to happen in London.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Kent County Council is still repairing roads from the bad winter we had 2 years ago. Nothing fast about KCC, they are also stuck in the last century if their comments on TV tonight about the number of cyclist deaths having risen sharply are to be believed.

A spokesman said "Its all about communication" :banghead:

Stop talking and DO SOMETHING for a change.

lukesdad

I visited a pothole in Amsterdam but I'm more mature now.
No, you're not !

ayceejay

Guru
We have very hard winters here but most of the roads are ploughed of snow regularly. During summer, on the stretch of road I live on THEY repair the potholes and frost heave cracks by filling them in with asphalt leaving it just a bit higher than the rest of the road (a hole becomes a lump) at the first pass of the snow plough, come winter this asphalt gets blown into my front garden along with the snow. During summer, on the stretch of road I live on THEY repair the potholes and frost heave cracks by filling them in with asphalt leaving it just a bit higher than the rest of the road (a hole becomes a lump) at the first pass of the snow plough, come winter this asphalt gets blown into my front garden along with the snow.During summer, on the stretch of road I live on THEY repair the potholes and frost heave cracks by filling them in with asphalt leaving it just a bit higher than the rest of the road (a hole becomes a lump) at the first pass of the snow plough, come winter this asphalt gets blown into my front garden along with the snow.

raised by puffins

My favourite one is Terence outside the bookies, a lovely little two year old with bevelled sides and a gravelly bottom. One day Tel will be reluctantly filled in but another hole will open in my heart. Who'll fix that one?

I fell down a mineshaft while mtbing does that count as a record 'teef ?
I'd call that a miner incident - nothing special.

Marathon originals 2.00 :becool: let the skinny tyred road bikers suffer ^_^
Btw, you "visit" potholes?
=
I visited a pothole in Amsterdam but I'm more mature now.

My favourite one is Terence outside the bookies, a lovely little two year old with bevelled sides and a gravelly bottom. One day Tel will be reluctantly filled in but another hole will open in my heart. Who'll fix that one?
As Terence is outside the bookies, I bet it is each way. A hole opening in your heart is a racing certainty - and, like aceejay's 'standing order' above, the dual forecast of sun and snow brings nothing but woe.

Top Bottom