Potholes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Kent County Council is still repairing roads from the bad winter we had 2 years ago. Nothing fast about KCC, they are also stuck in the last century if their comments on TV tonight about the number of cyclist deaths having risen sharply are to be believed.

A spokesman said "Its all about communication" :banghead:

Stop talking and DO SOMETHING for a change.
Apparently KCC have had a 'big drive' on , and they have resurfaced anything with a decent gradient - the other roads can wait apart from those in one coastal town that will be done this Friday evening; a council spokesman said "It's no big Deal."

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I use fillthathole to report them in South Glos, the last one was rather bad and got fixed within a week of my report.

Another one I thought was probably borderline whether it needed filling in or not - it was a subsided trench repair adjacent to a pedestrian refuge and although not very deep, cyclists would swerve to avoid it on a pinch point. The Council filled that one promptly, as well.

asterix

Comrade Member
None recently. They keep resurfacing the roads. Am not looking forward to the UK ones again although the van has very robust suspension.

How is it the French can do their roads up but the British can't?

asterix

Comrade Member
We have very hard winters here but most of the roads are ploughed of snow regularly.

During summer, on the stretch of road I live on THEY repair the potholes and frost heave cracks by filling them in with asphalt leaving it just a bit higher than the rest of the road (a hole becomes a lump) at the first pass of the snow plough, come winter this asphalt gets blown into my front garden along with the snow.

During summer, on the stretch of road I live on THEY repair the potholes and frost heave cracks by filling them in with asphalt leaving it just a bit higher than the rest of the road (a hole becomes a lump) at the first pass of the snow plough, come winter this asphalt gets blown into my front garden along with the snow.

You did, you wrote it 3 times*. Was that a punishment? What did you do?

* I had to check, I thought I had gone mad.

U

User482

None recently. They keep resurfacing the roads. Am not looking forward to the UK ones again although the van has very robust suspension.

How is it the French can do their roads up but the British can't?

You pay more tax.

U

User482

Council tax is much less. No idea about income tax as it's complicated and I am UK tax resident, however people I know who are retired have opted to pay French income tax so it must have advantages for some.

Total tax revenue as a % of GDP is higher in France than the UK:

2_Ranking_of_total_tax_revenue_by_Member_States_and_EFTA_countries_as_a_%25_of_GDP.PNG

You should start a thread on that....
This one - we do road tax...Special Offer for Fridays - all taxes welcome.:thumbsup:
(Mini cabs round the back.)
Mr User482 has kindly donated some artwork to help the proceedings along and as it looks like a multinational piece of purple plywood; ergo,what better way to tail the day than with threeholesmcginty's famous plywood video. @threebikesmcginty
Plywood is the perfect surfacing material - no more asphalt in the garden, no more gritty grazes...flinty punctures a thing of the past. Bring on the ply...let's all have a Friday treat!

[QUOTE 2704565, member: 259"]Greece is EL.[/quote]
There'll be EL to pay - if they get out of debt.
Actually, problem solved. Noodley needs to employ all the Greeks desperate for a few bob, start a cucumber farm and corner the world market in tzatziki.
Export to the chattering classes and live happily ever after.

Top Bottom