Powder coating / Re Spraying Costs ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Apparently "North Manchester Powdercoating" cost half of what GBH charge. Just read on lfgss Manchester sub-forum.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Rob3rt said:
Apparently "North Manchester Powdercoating" cost half of what GBH charge. Just read on lfgss Manchester sub-forum.

BONUS ! :tongue:

Im not going to put the parts on it yet, just making sure I come in under budget :thumbsup:

e-rider

crappy member
if you want a plain colour then professional bike re-sprays are very competitive on price and the finish will be much better - try mercian or Argos - a plain colour frame only starts at about £65

shrew

ive seen a few paint shops that charge 120 for non-carbon and £250 for carbon, these guys will do a proper job, using bike paints and original decals but they are not cheap.

look stunning when done though.

Manonabike

Über Member
I had a frame and forks done in January, one colour (any basic colour) sandblasted and powder coated - £36 (Bournemouth and Poole area)

cferns

Manonabike said:
I had a frame and forks done in January, one colour (any basic colour) sandblasted and powder coated - £36 (Bournemouth and Poole area)

Hi, where did you go Manonabike? I am in Corfe Mullen and have a frame that only that I want to powder coat white to go with my new black forks.

battered

Guru
That's a good price. The going rate in Leeds is £40ish for a frame. I got a frame only blasted and powdered for £25, plus £5 for metallic lacquer. It looks great. Forks would probably add a tenner or so. Black or white might be cheaper.

You can get a frame and forks stoved one colour in Leeds for abouit £70, a pal did this. Obviously decals are extra, and you need to lacquer over them after application. If you want anything clever, you are going to have to spray paint over the basic powder coat or pay the stover extra to do it for you. This is likely to take you over the £100 mark.

A basic powder coat is fantastic value, you could waste a weekend with sandpaper and aerosols, spend more money and still have the thing look awful. I have a bright orange metallic MTB frame, it looks fantastic and cost £30.

Top Bottom