Power Data - from where?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Über Member
Evening. Been on my turbo trainer quite a lot recently. Linked to my Garmin 520 and Vivoactive3 watch, it gives me various fields of data including power, which according to Strava comes from a power meter (see pic). Now I do have a power meter (Stages 1) but that is on my TT bike. The strava data is quite clear that it's not an estimate, so where is this coming from? Does my Tacx (Flow, I think) measure power? Any suggestions will be warmly appreciated.
Screenshot_20191215-193416_Strava.jpg

OP
OP
grellboy

grellboy

Über Member
Don't worry, apparently the Tacx does measure power. Who knew? Not me, clearly! 🤦‍♂️

si_c

Guru
Yup Tacx flow measures power - it won't be as accurate as your stages, but good enough. It will also control resistance (to a point) if you connect it to Zwift or Trainerroad.

Stompier

^^ I don't even know what that means. I've been using turbos (that don't rock) for years and years - never once had a chainset issue.

mattobrien

Guru
I had issues with the chainset on my bike - it was used on a Wahoo Kickr for about a year and the bike developed a knocking noise while pedalling. LBS took the chainset out and you could see where it had rubbed at opposite sides of the spindle when pedalling. A new bottom bracket has cured the issue and I also now use a Tacx NEO and rocker plate for the turbo, so have movement.

Top Bottom