Power Spikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nodman7

Hi all, i've just got a bkool pro trainer and its been great, makes turbo training so much better, anyway i've been getting power spikes, all of a sudden randomly i'm getting a big surge in power, upto 4000 watts, its happened on climbs and velodrome and on zwift, i thought it was my net connection so i used powerlines tonight and speed test was 12mb download, i still got spikes on bkool and zwift

anyone got any ideas or should i contact bkool

g00se

Veteran
Sounds like it's worth contacting them, but maybe check any speed/cadence sensors you may also be using in case they're misreporting and throwing things out? Are you using a specific ANT+ cadence sensor or the one 'built in' to the Bkool trainer? If it's the latter, try a real one.

OP
OP
N

nodman7

i'm using my garmin sensors with it, does having the ant+ usb stick closer to the unit make a difference as mines just into the laptop, gonna get a usb extension today n try that

g00se

Veteran
Yes - the bkool's transmitter/receiver is very weak and I need an extension too. However, I'm not sure that a drop of signal would cause a power spike - in fact, probably the opposite. I hope I'm wrong though.

KennyG

Did you get anywhere with this, I have exactly the same. I use a wired connection with ant done extended to 6 inches away from the rear if the bkool trainer. None, one or two spikes per ride.

Top Bottom