Power supply help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I’ve been given a Jessops LP1218 light box but it is missing its power supply and I’m trying to find a replacement.

It needs to be 24V output, 2A, with a jack of 5.5mm O/D and inner pin of 2.1mm. I can find plenty of these but the polarity is always positive outer/negative inner, when I need it the other way round.

Anybody know where I can get what I need?

You can get adjustable multi purpose power packs. So change the voltage and there's a selection of power plugs. Maybe that would work?

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
You can get adjustable multi purpose power packs. So change the voltage and there's a selection of power plugs. Maybe that would work?

I’ve spent ages on Amazon and Ebay and it’s not the voltage or jack that’s the problem but everything I’ve found has the wrong polarity.

Jessops no longer stock it either.

CXRAndy

Guru
I’ve been given a Jessops LP1218 light box but it is missing its power supply and I’m trying to find a replacement.

It needs to be 24V output, 2A, with a jack of 5.5mm O/D and inner pin of 2.1mm. I can find plenty of these but the polarity is always positive outer/negative inner, when I need it the other way round.

Anybody know where I can get what I need?

Just cut the wires, resolder reverse connection

Top Bottom