Praxis works bb30 conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
anybody used one to convert to hollowtech II as im thinking of doing this to my synapse as im fed up of the creaking already

Hollowtech II solves very few problems but it is an upgrade from rubbish BB30. The best is still square taper though.

I have never used the Praxis system, only glue-in systems. The Praxis will almost certainly creak as well. The glue-in systems are cheaper and totally creak-free. FSA makes a nice one.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Why would the praxis one creak - from reviews i have read, there have been no such issues, but the reason for my post was to ask for a real world opinion and not an opinion of someone thats never used it and likes something that i havent asked about......and therefore going straight off topic from the first post

U

User33236

Due to the presence of a thicker metal ring, to which the cable guide attached, within the bottom bracket on my bike I fitted the KCNC adapter. This has been totally creek free including commuting throughout the winter.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Is this the one?

praxis-works-osbb-to-shimano-bottom-bracket-converter.jpg

When I was looking at a from with BB30 this is what I was going to use to fit a hollowtech chainset. Its what I will use if I ever get round to it.

If you get one I would be very interested to hear what you think of it.

andsaw

I have got the Praxis on my supersix evo, as mine creaked early on, and it will do it when you pedal backwards using your hand slowly, also the FSA crank spindle was badly scored, mine was done back end last year and cured it, will get better feedback when it warms up, and put more miles on.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

something is definately clanking now and again.........just not sure where its coming from....decided as its just the commuter bike to keep it as bb30 for now and to spend the extra money on the new build instead

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
You've cleaned the seat post recently I presume.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

You've cleaned the seat post recently I presume.
Its a brand new bike, ridden 3 times.........but was in storage for 6mths due to it being ordered early as a xmas pressie..........it all runs smoothly, but every now and then there is a clunking sound, normally as i restart to pedal after a bit of freewheeling

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
It may sound daft, but just to be sure clean and re-grease the seat post then give it a go. A clicking/clunking/annoying noise from the seat post is a very normal thing for Synapses apparently (I know because mine does it) and I initially presumed it was the bottom bracket (the shop even replaced one on warranty) then someone on here said 'seat post' and sure enough it stopped the noise for a bit. I've had it suggested that I blitz it with so much grease nothing can get in, albeit by a non-Synapse owner.

Top Bottom