Pre-1987 bike wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CRVFR

Having just entered L'Eroica Britannia I now have a few months to find a suitable bike to use. I can hire one for £100 for the 3 day festival, but would rather put that towards buying another bike. I would like one in as good a condition as possible (allowing for the fact that it might be almost 30 years old). Please send a message with anything suitable that you have. I live in the North East but would be prepared to travel a reasonable distance to collect. Thanks.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Have a look at what @biggs682 has for sale at the moment. :biggrin:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
What size frame do you need? Also, what's your budget? Biggs will have several. Due to SWMBO complaining I'm also selling some shortly. Mine are:

There's a 23" 1984 Raleigh Clubman I'll finish this week. 531-framed and in decent condition apart from the paintwork.

I've a 21" 1986 Raleigh Team that'll probably go on sale in the Spring; I've done nearly 1000 miles on it since a light restoration in 2013 so it works fine.

There will also be a 21" 1986 Benotto Paris-Roubaix (probably) which I'm starting on next month but that'll be much more as it'll have new forks, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CRVFR

Size is likely to be 56cm or 22". Budget is up to around £200 unless it's something special. I know it's superficial but condition is more important to me than the ultimate spec.

Top Bottom