Pre-Christmas Motorist Madness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
that's incredible

he gets the hump for his mistake, thinks a right turn has right of way over a left turn, let alone a car over a bike, and then stops to abuse and threaten a woman?

some sort of man he must be

OP
OP
catwoman

catwoman

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
I'm betting that he was just a bully who took the opportunity to vent his frustrations at having a c*ck the size of a peanut on you.

yenrod said:
An absolute disgrace of an example of a man.

Either way, one day he'll get his comeuppance !

Rhythm Thief said:
What an arse.

Old Walrus said:
It would be a real pleasure to deal with this driver....I keep my warrant card to hand on the commute for throwbacks like him.

Don't give up, it's his problem not yours!

I have taken the advice given here and have reported the incident to the Police via an e-mail reporting system here. I'm sure Old Walrus will agree I doubt I'll get much of a response. the Police around here have other more pressing matters to deal with and as the man didn't actually hit me they'll probably just file it away.
As for me I had my promised swim yesterday morning and did twice my usual workout and expended all the negative energy that was rushing around inside. Even the unpleasantness at work seems to have faded.
Feeling a lot better now. Share the sentiments quoted above about the driver and hope I never come across him again.
Thanks again for all the sympathy. It's appreciated. :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
they might and they should, that bloke is clearly going to assault someone else in the near future

well done for reporting it

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah, well done for handling it, I'd have resorted to screaming abouse at him (not the thing to do I know, but I'm sure I wouldn't have been so calm).

Console youreself that with an attitude like that, pretty soon he'll a) come up against someone bigger stronger and more aggressive than him or :biggrin: he'll have a heart attack.

Cab

I think a lot of them get so frustrated that they'll take it out on anything. Just watching people trying to get into one of the multi-storey car parks on Saturday when we were in Bath, its clear that they've been queueing in traffic to get into the city for an hour, they've been waiting at a junction in the queue that never ends with traffic behind them that doesn't want to join that queue beeping at them, and sooner or later the pressure of this becomes too much for some of them.

I really think that a lot of people just aren't cut out for driving when the roads are busy, they haven't got the temperaments to manage driving when there are a lot of people around. And as the roads and town centres get busier and busier towards Christmas it becomes less the 'season of good will' and more the season of road rage.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Cab said:
I think a lot of them get so frustrated that they'll take it out on anything. Just watching people trying to get into one of the multi-storey car parks on Saturday when we were in Bath, its clear that they've been queueing in traffic to get into the city for an hour, they've been waiting at a junction in the queue that never ends with traffic behind them that doesn't want to join that queue beeping at them, and sooner or later the pressure of this becomes too much for some of them.

I really think that a lot of people just aren't cut out for driving when the roads are busy, they haven't got the temperaments to manage driving when there are a lot of people around. And as the roads and town centres get busier and busier towards Christmas it becomes less the 'season of good will' and more the season of road rage.

Maybe they need a bike?

Cab

gambatte said:
Maybe they need a bike?

Ahh, but then they wouldn't be able to carry all that crap home from Argos would they? :biggrin:

I dunno, I just find the whole Christmas season rather tedious. People panicking to buy complete crap that people don't really want in time for a festival that they mostly dread as much as they look forward to it. And during the run up they seem to be in a constantly bad mood, at least on the roads and in the shops. Yet the vast majority of people seem to just go along with it, because they haven't taken a step back and asked whether theres another approach.

domtyler

Über Member
Cab said:

I can so relate to that. A little while ago I went to Romford with my wife and daughter in the car, a journey of around six miles. We ended up sitting in traffic for about two and a half hours, the tension and frustration was simply unbearable. Even the option to just turn 'round and go home was not there, we were trapped! Simply a horrible, horrible experience. So anyone thinking of going to Romford on a Saturday lunch time, DON'T!!!

Cab

Is there ever a good time to go to Romford? :biggrin:

I can understand why they get so wound up, I mean we don't have all the time in the world to sit there in a metal box and go nowhere. I rather suspect that the kind of patience that would be required to handle traffic like that without losing it (to some extent) is so rare that if we restricted driving at peak times to those who can handle it and stay calm, then the roads would end up being very quiet!

medals

Just found the thread Catwoman and want to say how appalled I was to hear what happened to you. Just remember though that little tw*t has to look at himself in the mirror everyday. You were just unfortunate to cross his path the once. I'm glad that a piece of waste like him hasn't put you off. He's just a sad loser.

Something similar happened to me a few years ago, a private hire taxi driver nearly T-boned me, took exception to my gesture(it was quite rude) ran me off the road and assaulted me while I lay on the ground with my bike on top of me. Nice bloke! :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
emergency stopped this morning when someone right turned across the bus lane through stopped traffic to enter a garage, at speed naturally

I was wearing the brand spanking new offensively bright nightvision top and she emergency stopped too, we both made it with a few feet to spare

No abuse no nothing, no sorry, not even eye contact, completely ignored me as she belatedly looked up th ebus lane for more bikes

Just as a nice contrast with the swearing madman

Top Bottom